2019 sgs

Yup - they found it to be an issue when I took my 2019 in for the 1K mile service. They had me bring it back in 2 weeks later (once the parts came in) to do the primary vent line. He tried saying its only an issue for those who run the bike hard. I certainly don't baby the bike but I am not out running it on a drag strip either. I think it was just some bs from the service guy at the stealership.

Unbelievable this is still an issue after what 2 or 3 years now?? I'll keep my 2015!! I guess it is not really deterring anyone from buying them though?????

Unbelievable this is still an issue after what 2 or 3 years now?? I'll keep my 2015!! I guess it is not really deterring anyone from buying them though?????

According to the service bulletin for this issue it started back in 2014. I do not have all my dates right in front of me but I believe this is when Harley switched to the hydraulic clutch. It's not a M8 issue...

According to the service bulletin for this issue it started back in 2014. I do not have all my dates right in front of me but I believe this is when Harley switched to the hydraulic clutch. It's not a M8 issue...

Hmmmm I've never heard of this on a pre-M8 motor. Does anyone know for sure if this a hydraulic clutch issue or M8 issue?

That bulletin is interesting. Looks like they have a fix for the 2014 - 2016 but 2017+ you are supposed to check and adjust levels every 1000 miles. Sounds like more of problem for the 2017+ to me. I haven't had my bike at the dealer since the 5k service other than new tires, I wonder if they fixed mine then? My levels are always on par when I change my fluids.

That bulletin is interesting. Looks like they have a fix for the 2014 - 2016 but 2017+ you are supposed to check and adjust levels every 1000 miles. Sounds like more of problem for the 2017+ to me. I haven't had my bike at the dealer since the 5k service other than new tires, I wonder if they fixed mine then? My levels are always on par when I change my fluids.

It does not affect every bike. Since putting out the bulletin they have come up with a "fix" for the 2017+. To install a vent hose in the back of the primary.

I just had my 1600 kms service done Thursday morning. Interesting that they never mentioned anything to me. Maybe it's not affecting my FLHX (?) They didn't say anthing about checking it again after another 1600 kms.

I have a 2015 and never received a recall. Wonder if it was repaired before I purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here that is why I questioned the pre-M8 models. I have also never heard of this problem until 2017.

I bought a 2019 FLX 5 weeks ago it has gotten its 1000 mile service 2 weeks ago it now has 2356 miles on it. the tranny was acting up yesterday with hard neutral and false shifts{staying in same gear after going through the motions} when my wife and I were riding. I checked oil this morning and found the stick was dry. The bike doesnt leak so I popped open the clutch cover to check the level in the primary and as soon as loosened it was leaking . I immediately put a clean catch pan under removed cover the rest of the way and allowed it to flood into the pan. I then drained the primary down to the bottom edge of the pressure plate as per the book{bike was sitting up level} and measured my excess in pan it was 20 ozs. I then poured my excess amt about 12 ozs into the tranny and checked it -nothing on stick dumped in the remaining 8 ozs and oil was perfect to 'full" mark on trans stick. Called HD dealer who is ordering me a kit from the factory which I beleive he said fits up a breather hose to the tranny is this a true fix any of you have had or are they doing the Harley shuffle with me . I traded a perfectly running 2014 Road King on this thing and I am truly the most non supportive fan of HD at this moment. any help would be greatly appreciated. I heard of this a few years ago but never dreamed it would still be a problem years later.

I own one i bought 5 weeks ago and has 2356 miles on it now it already had its 1000 mile check up and when the tranny acted up with false shifts and trouble finding neutral I checked the tranny and found it dry and checked the primary and thanks to quick reflexes with a pan got 20 ozs out of it after carefully dumping all 20 ozs back in tranny it was exactly full again. I cant beleive this crap is still going on years after it started. I called the dealer who told me he will order a kit from HD which should solve the problem with a breather hose on the tranny. If anyone can give me any input on this problem I would be extremely grateful. I just want it repaired right the first time.

vent kit installed last week hope it works I talked to a guy and his FLHXS sumped at less than 100mi. This crap has me really worried!

My 18 flhxs was doing the same along with alot of others,i ordered a new clutch rod from macolmb county choppers in michigan and problem solved,just checked yesterday after 1k miles and fluid is right on the full mark.call them and order one well worth the $75.

Interesting. The chief tech told me they have not run across this on the upgraded 2019. He told me that his shop has been finding this less and less as each model year goes by. He said they have seen this issue on less that 5% of the 2019’s and perhaps no more than about 15% for all of 2018 models. The 2017’s seemed to be greatest affected in his shop. He thinks the upgrade has solved the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory