2019 Street Glide Clutch

19FLHX

Mar 24, 2019
Hey Guys. New to the forum. Owned a 2009 Super Glide Custom the last 10 years. Just purchased a 2019 Street Glide. The Dyna had a clutch cable that I could adjust. Obviosly the Street Glide is hydraulic. Im having a hard time getting use to the clutch. The clutch doesn't release until the handle is almost all the way released. is this normal with a Hydraulic clutch and something I just need to get use to. Wondering what others driving the street glides say about there release point.

Seems hydraulics all have a little different release point that you can't really do anything about. It may be possible to bleed the clutch line and it may change or maybe not. I know there is some new after market stuff coming available out there but not sure if they are truly adjustable.

Hey Guys. New to the forum. Owned a 2009 Super Glide Custom the last 10 years. Just purchased a 2019 Street Glide. The Dyna had a clutch cable that I could adjust. Obviosly the Street Glide is hydraulic. Im having a hard time getting use to the clutch. The clutch doesn't release until the handle is almost all the way released. is this normal with a Hydraulic clutch and something I just need to get use to. Wondering what others driving the street glides say about there release point.

It was the only thing I had to adjust to myself. Don't even think about now. I believe it's just the nature of the beast. Enjoy the new bike.

That's how they are, AIM makes a clutch unit that will bring the release closer to the grip on let out.

I installed the aim lightforce slave cylinder on my 18 special and night and day difference, clutch lets out about 1 inch off the bars,and dont have to worry about the clutch recall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave