2019 Street Glide Special Test ride

no just a test ride for the channel. I am looking but, Im looking for a deal.

So how does it compare other than feeling lighter than your current bike? What year is your current SG, I thought 14 or 15? Curious if you think the new motor is a lot better than the twin cam 103HO? Is the bike good enough to justify a trade in from your old ride? How do you like it compared to the RG you reviewed?

Alright, well to be honest, I feel like my bike has a lot more bottom end torque. It seems like I could get off the light faster with my bike. Its a 2014, not really a whole lot done to it. As i said before the new M8's feel lighter and more nimbal and the Indian feels lighter than that. I feel like my bike is more attached to the road than the Indian, high speed cornering and passing big trucks. To answer your question about the Road Glide, if they where side by side on the show room floor and it was 800 dollars cheaper than a Street Glide, Id still have to think about it. If you watched some of the Road Trip videos, youll see that I pass big trucks running sometimes 80 plus. The faring shimy isnt a big deal to me. I like the looks of the Street Glide better, so as of now, the Street Glide is what I would pick. Also, instead of paying the extra for the 114, I would get a standard Street Glide save a couple of grand and go for a full exhaust, breather, cams and tune. Thank you for the comment and Thank you for watching my videos. Please subscribe to the Channel if you havent yet.
Have a Blessed Day Traveling Tall

I got to ride a 2018 street glide for 2 days and I'm not really impressed enough to trade. The bike felt really light compared to my 14. Had that stock windshield and with my height it really sucked. Put a little over 400 miles on it I think and it was fun as we slayed the Dragon and a few other roads in Tennessee and North Carolina.

That's interesting both of you say the new bike feels lighter but I thought they all weigh about the same, I can only assume that is because of better suspension? Michael I'm surprised to hear you say your 14' feels like it has more bottom end torque. Everything I've read about the M8 is the abundance of torque the motor produces and being smooth. With that being said I'm pretty happy with the torque output of my 15' and the motor overall. I've purposely turned down opportunities at riding a M8 because I'm happy with mine TC and didn't want to know what I'm missing. Then again I also have my bike just about how I want it after 3 years of blowing money and time on it.

I didn't notice anything different about the suspension from my stock 14 still bottoms out with big bumps. I have ungraded the rear of my 14 with Ohlin shocks now so it rides way better and feels more planted. Will be doing the front this winter while doing some other up grades. As for the torque I never rode my 14 before I did the stage 1 with slip ons but I didn't notice a really big swing in power could have been some but not a lot. The bike was a standard with the 6.5 screen and over 12,000 miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14