4.3 boom

jtpntx

Mar 29, 2019
I haven't had the faring off to look yet.
Does anyone know if the '17 4.3 HU has rear speaker outputs? It seems it doesn't but not sure.

You will need to run the rear speaker lines as they are not there. There are harness's out there you can add for plug and play so you don't have to cut into wires.

Yeah I know I have to run them. What I am trying to find out is does the 4.3 unti have an interface for the rear. The harness isn't for sale since 2013. I don't know of a after market that will plug into the unit. If you do that would help.

Check out Soundz bagger audio I think they have something that plugs in and splits them. Spazz would know if you he sees this thread.

Yes the 4.3 does have outputs for rear speakers, I have them set up on my tourpack. You will need a dealer to activate them, with their computer

That is interesting. Its been a pain trying to ask. If you walk in HD they really don't know.
All they know to do is ask if I'm going HD or Rockford Fosgate. When I reiterate the question they pull out a catalog. The best that they can do is find the Tourpak Speaker pod kit which comes with a harness part which you cannot buy separately. This Harness is nothing more that a 4 wire cable spilt at one end with speaker connectors. The other end is made to wire into an amp.

So what is the point of flashing the radio to activate fade if all kits work off 1 channel speaker channel from the HU?
All the rockford fosgate "plug and play" bull **** is just that. 1 channel from the head unit to an amp where your then get two channels.
I don't mean to offend but all the proprietary crap and rockford fosgate crap may give up a good sound but you're going to pay $800 - $1000 for a 400watt amp and some speakers. No thank you.

I would just go with a the sony ax-5000 and say f-it but I'd really rather leave the HD head unit and use my phone for maps.
It's not marine grade and you loose the temp and idle control setting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory