6'6" guy with a 7" Harley windshield 2014 SGS

lukesglide

Apr 21, 2014
Hey guys I was hoping someone could help me out here, I have the 7" curved Harley windshield and the wind starts hitting me in the eye area and is full blast in the forehead area.... Would the 8 1/2" Klock works out the air up high enough to help me out? I'm wanting to go as short as possible without compromising the look of the bike if possible. Thanks for any comments...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I test rode the Klock werks 8 1/2 at Arizona bike week and I wouldn't pay for one. Felt like someone was sitting behind me slapping me in the head. I'm 6-1 with a long torso so I sit pretty high but not 6-6 high. Started out with the 10 inch wind splitter and have moved to a clearview shield and like it better. I have the 18-5 inch clear view but with these you measure from the ignition switch up. Some times you have to give up looks for comfort and I hear my stereo better now with less wind noise.

Just my 2 cents

I'm 6'4" and have the KW 8.5"

Unlike TomA I think it's the best shield I've had and I've tried em all!!!

Ok thanks Tom, I didn't want to spend my money on it unless I knew it would work for me. LRS wind shields is having a big sale right now so I may look into them also if anyone has any input. Normally 130 for like 50 this weekend...

Well shoot, there is a place about a hour from me that sells them. Maybe I can ride up thst way soon and see how it does on the bike, I just don't wanna waste money

Thanks for the input plasma!

How are Bike windshields measured? From where to where? I like the looks of the stock windshield but would like something bigger at least for longer rides. I am 5'8" not sure what size top get and is it ok to swap them out often or would that wear out the screw holes?

I switched to a Clearview over 2 years ago and have never regretted it. They're a sponsor here as well.
CV.png

Depends on the maker as to how you measure for your shield.

I'm 6'2" and I had the 7" wind splitter. It wasn't bad, but I tried a 8 1/2" Klock werks shield. Needles to say, I don't have the HD shield anymore. I love my KW shield

I'm 6'2" and I had the 7" wind splitter. It wasn't bad, but I tried a 8 1/2" Klock werks shield. Needles to say, I don't have the HD shield anymore. I love my KW shield

Ditto I'm the same height and went from the i inch HD to the 8.5 inch KW. Also went with 14 Krome Works bars much better comfort with both.

Thanks for the replies, mojo do they have those tinted also or are they all clear?

I've got both the 7 inch HD wind splitter that use for warm weather and for around town. I also have the 10 inch HD wind splitter that makes my street glide look like a gold wing. I am 6'5'' and the 10 inch totally cuts the wind out of your face and is great for colder weather and highway trips. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it were tinted. When you are as tall as we are, you look over windshields not through them.

Last edited:
I'm 6'5" and I bought a cheep 10" smoked shield off of eBay, and I'm happy with it. Worth every penny of the $30 I paid. Check eBay item# 130999167057

Thanks guys, I bought a LRS 10" online. They have a great sale price so I got it for under $60, I will let you guys know what I think when it arrives.

You can get the Clearview in several colors or tints. I think most makers give you a choice. The one I have is light smoked and I just don't want it too much darker for those times we ride at night.

With a name like clear view I just assumed they were clear, I will have to see what all they have as well

Believe it refers to the clarity at the recurve
Don't know about others but the harley windsplitter had distortion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I received the LRS in the mail the other day, it's a 10". It serves it's purpose and works well, I just wish I didn't need such a tall shield haha. No distortion in the recurve on this either.

I've got both the 7 inch HD wind splitter that use for warm weather and for around town. I also have the 10 inch HD wind splitter that makes my street glide look like a gold wing.

Same here, only I'm 6' even. The 7" looks way cooler, but the 10" is slightly more comfortable on the highway. I didn't find all that much difference from one windshield to the next...and I tried a few. They all had significant buffeting to some degree above 50MPH. Adding fork fangs made the biggest difference in buffeting by far. They eliminated it at all speeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469