Advanblack Bag Clearances

yegg

Sep 18, 2015
Has anyone tried to fit the Advanblack extended bags with CFR slip ons or other pipes that are 4.5"? I am kind of worried about the fitment and want to try and sort this out first. Thanks.

Has anyone tried to fit the Advanblack extended bags with CFR slip ons or other pipes that are 4.5"? I am kind of worried about the fitment and want to try and sort this out first. Thanks.

Have you tried contacting advan black directly? They usually answer questions pretty quick. I would be shocked if they don't clear because anything less than 4.5" look tiny on these bikes.

Are you just doing the bags or going with their rear fender extension as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't contacted them yet but yes I am doing the fender extension also. Well, that is the plan.

Ok I am curious on how the bags line up with a stock fender but i am planning the same.

So now I am thoroughly confused. I called and they said 4" pipes max. I found another forum where they said no problem.

So now I am thoroughly confused. I called and they said 4" pipes max. I found another forum where they said no problem.

One of the reviews on their site says 4.5 too

Well it is a moot point for now. I was counting on an amp selling on eBay for the money. Oh well. In the mean time I came across True Kustom and I think I will just save my pennies and go that way. I really like the flush turn signals in their fender package and the option for a custom design flush taillight. Of course I'm looking at 3500 bucks but I think I will like it better. Who knows what tomorrow may bring!

yegg- I recently contacted True Kustom about buying their G2 fender/bags. After a number of phone calls and emails I got nowhere and ended up buying the Summit fender from Bad Dad and bags from Top Shop, one call each and done. I don't know what the issue was with True Kustom but I didn't get a good feeling. The Summit fender has flush turns/brake lights. My bike is in the shop for paint now, as soon as it's done I'll post pictures. Here's pictures of them being fitted; https://streetglide.com/showthread.php?7795-Finally!-Bags-Fender

I just ordered the advan black extended bags and fender, I have rhinehart 4.5" exhaust and was told they will fit no problem. Mine are coming painted to match (denim black, w/med. red striping) I will post pics when they arrive. Couple guys I ride with have bought various items from advan and the quality was great. I'm excited to get mine.

I just ordered the advan black extended bags and fender, I have rhinehart 4.5" exhaust and was told they will fit no problem. Mine are coming painted to match (denim black, w/med. red striping) I will post pics when they arrive. Couple guys I ride with have bought various items from advan and the quality was great. I'm excited to get mine.

Definitely post a picture! Did you get the fender extension? I've been interested in their bags!

I've had mine on for several months and am 101% happy with them. The fit is excellent and they line up great with the fender.

Bag Alignment.jpg

No, they are 4 inch V&H Twin Slash....but looking at those, you can tell there's lots of rooms for bigger pipes.

I have the bags and fender extension from AdvanBlack and my pipes are CFR 4.5. It's a tight fit, but I like it. The right pipe was touching the right bag and I had to end up slotting the hanger bracket to move my pipe over. They send shims for the rubber mounting pads but I didn't like the gap it created between the bag and the fender filler. I'm happy so far. It looks like the right side is touching in the picture but it's not. During riding, there is some movement and I think the pipe comes into contact with the bag. It's damaged the paint a little but not really noticeable in that location. I'm sure the $2500 bags wouldn't damage in that manner but I'm good with these for now.
e5e1f68ea3e1670dc34ddc1cbc33f8a1.jpg

Pugsley that looks nice! I think I'll definitely go with their setup as well. I think it's definitely a great look for so much less than the other brands

Well I sold my amp so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the bags and extended fender. I also went ahead and ordered the Custom Dynamics LED tribar. I will keep everyone updated when it comes in.

Pugsley, do you happen to have a picture of how you slotted the mounting bracket? I am going to ask the ex if I can get back in the house and use my vertical mill a bit and try and get that done in advance.

I also ended up using the rubber pads with the shims built into them to give me a little more room.
e8fa95197c42de28dc8e91ac101b6387.jpg
15e9a20a6df1b37f682669415acacb86.jpg
6d8f6af2b52a628d0e5b805229c91279.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave