after market 4 point docking system

sptsfan56

Dec 11, 2015
anyone have opinions on using after market 4 point docking systme vs. harley 0em system. just wondering about quality since ill have a few bucks depending on it

I have it on my bike and no issues whatsoever.....I also am using after market rack mount for tour pak and no issue with fitting.....easy on and easy off. I will not pay HD brand for a lot more if aftermarket ones will work just as well.....

I have an after market luggage rack, you couldn't tell the difference between it and OEM and was 1/2 the cost..bought it off ebay

It's my personal opinion that when The Motor Co. was taken over by bean counters and lawyers a while back, & so many of the accessories began showing up in dealerships with "Made in China" on 'em, they were saying to us, "Feel free to purchase aftermarket accessories... we encourage it".

I see no issues with doing that if it makes the buyer happy.

**My dealer's policy (my family has been buying Harleys from them since the 50's) is to install a 4 point docking system (the H-D brand) on every bike (that accepts one) they sell (at no charge). Every bike "they" put together and even the ones they obtain from other dealerships does not leave their property w/o one. It works. It encourages customers to buy "easy to install" accessories from their parts dept. the day of delivery... No hassles.
If you want it removed, they'll help you take it off. ...but it's yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14