Anniversary Tour Pak - need opinions

emack

Aug 19, 2017
Hey guys,
Just got a Tour Pak for my bike, and want to get opinions on how well the color matches.
MVIMG_20180802_165329.jpg
IMG_20180802_165834.jpg

If there's a difference, I can't see it. Do you think it doesn't match?

The chrome latch sure sticks out.... Funny that Harley doesn't give a hardware choice. Especially on a color that's ONLY on a blacked out bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I notice a slight difference in color, and maybe it's not as evident in the pics (you can see it most in the close up), but probably not enough. Thats why I'm asking - thinking I'm being too critical.

The chrome pisses me off. You're right - it's a blacked out freakin' bike. Don't give me chrome. That'll be the first thing that I change.

I notice a slight difference in color, and maybe it's not as evident in the pics (you can see it most in the close up), but probably not enough. Thats why I'm asking - thinking I'm being too critical.

The chrome pisses me off. You're right - it's a blacked out freakin' bike. Don't give me chrome. That'll be the first thing that I change.
That annoyed me too, EXCEPT technically, it's not blacked out, it should be body color, right? It should be the same color as the saddlebag latch cover, which on your bike is the matte blue. I painted all the hinges and latch body color on my chopped tour pak... It looks wayyyy better. HD should offer matching body color latches and hinges for street glide bikes. IMO anyway.
Tim

Looks good to me! If there is a color difference it is not readily apparent.
There are a couple of latch options: 1) paint the tour pack latch
2) change out the saddlebag latches to chrome to match the tour pack latch. Road King comes with chrome 3) go aftermarket matching latches on bags and tour pack.
I put these from HD on my bike replacing the stock painted ones. I'm not sure if HD makes matching sets. Maybe you could find all matching from an aftermarket supplier like Ness or Yaffee etc.

image.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah, not really blacked out, but not sure why Harley would default to chrome. Since I can't match the paint myself, I may just paint the chrome latches black or something. Although, BluesBelly, I like yours, so may look into a matching set for all of the latches.

Thanks for posting. It looks great to me! I have the same bike and want to do the same thing so it's nice to see some pics. I've seen one with a black luggage rack on top that makes it look even better. You may want to consider that too. I think I will get some after market black latches. I too can't believe HD didn't include it as an option!

Bike looks great! What backrest pad did you go with? I read the comfort stitch rubs the paint off of the tour pak.

Thanks guys. Yeah, not really blacked out, but not sure why Harley would default to chrome. Since I can't match the paint myself, I may just paint the chrome latches black or something. Although, BluesBelly, I like yours, so may look into a matching set for all of the latches.

I don't see much of a difference, the pack may be a tad darker, but that could also be the light. As for the Latch, don't paint it. Either buy a black one, or take that one apart and powder coat it. There should be a local place that will do it for a few bucks if you take it apart and put it back together.

I don't see much of a difference, the pack may be a tad darker, but that could also be the light. As for the Latch, don't paint it. Either buy a black one, or take that one apart and powder coat it. There should be a local place that will do it for a few bucks if you take it apart and put it back together.

I did get the Comfort backrest pad. Wonder if I could put some clear tape of some kind (like the clear bra) to keep it from rubbing the paint.

Thanks. I was thinking about painting it, but power coating is definitely a better idea.

Hey guys, I ordered a chopped tour pak for my Bonneville salt denim street glide and you guessed it …..it came with chrome hinges unlike the saddlebag ones which are colour coded....it doesn't make sense...oh and I had to order the lock set separate.....I just took all the hinges off and painted them gloss black.

It's funny and sad that you can't pick your latch color when ordering. But then they'd lose $200 on selling black hardware!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller