Anyone tried . . .

Skeeter

Dec 18, 2014
a Mustang LowDown™ Vintage Solo with Driver Backrest for Harley-Davidson® FL Touring 2009-2016, Part Number: 79910

Has anyone tried this seat yet? If so, what's your take on it? The other option I'm considering is a Corbin. Like the looks of the OEM CVO solo, but the no backrest option bites bigtime!

Note: I'm watching the post on here about the bracket option.

I had actually been researching the lowdown vs a vintage wide as my next seat. A number of people complained that the lowdown isn't near as comfortable because they use less padding to obtain the lower seat height.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

I also like the looks of the CVO seat. But after running the Mustang vintage solo with backrest on the SGS I have to have that backrest.(it's now on my UL)
I wanted some thing that looked a little sportier than the vintage solo for my FLHRSE so I went with a Mustang wide tripper with BR. Looks good, maybe a little taller than the CVO seat and comfortable enough for the "bar hopper bike" although not nearly as the vintage solo. But I've got my backrest.

I also like the looks of the CVO seat. But after running the Mustang vintage solo with backrest on the SGS I have to have that backrest.(it's now on my UL)
I wanted some thing that looked a little sportier than the vintage solo for my FLHRSE so I went with a Mustang wide tripper with BR. Looks good, maybe a little taller than the CVO seat and comfortable enough for the "bar hopper bike" although not nearly as the vintage solo. But I've got my backrest.

How would you rate your experience with the LowDown Vintage Solo seat on the long haul? I know a backrest helps tremendously, which is the reason I usually have one.

Thanks for your input.

How would you rate your experience with the LowDown Vintage Solo seat on the long haul? I know a backrest helps tremendously, which is the reason I usually have one.

Thanks for your input.

Skeeter, I'm running the standard vintage solo. Not the low down. It looks like they might of used less padding on the low down and skinny upped the front so shorter legs can reach the ground better. I would think less padding would mean not as comfortable but Mustang makes nice stuff so maybe they used a denser material or figured it out somehow.
Either way I've been very happy with the standard vintage solo.

I have this mustang with rider backrest. I will take $350.00 for it and I will split the shipping cost if anyone's interested.

DSC00297.jpg

I have this mustang with rider backrest. I will take $350.00 for it and I will split the shipping cost if anyone's interested.

View attachment 13432

Curious on why you are selling. I have the same '17 CVO (different color) and was looking at the Mustang Vintage Solo which that appears to be. As much as I like the look of the CVO seats, I need something with a driver backrest. Was wondering if you are unhappy with this setup?

Thanks, hadn't come across that yet. May be good for a solo backrest on the CVO seat. Still going to look for a more padded long haul saddle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag