Apes for a 13 SG

mrhillbilly

Aug 27, 2017
I have watched a lot of how to vids for putting apes on a SG. But none really gave me a clear answer to my question. I have a 13 SG I want to know how high I can go with apes before I need to worry about longer cables?? 10 or 12 inch or not at all?? Looking for a simple answer....Thanks....

I would like to offer some advice: First, I would worry less about the length of the cables and more about the height of the handle bars that I need. If the driving force for changing the bar is the length of the cables, then the parts department at the Harley Store would be the best one to answer that. But I would worry about getting the right height of bars first, then the length of the cables next. Secondly, why do you want to change the height of the bars? If it is because of shoulder or wrist pain, you will need the height of the throttle about an inch or two above or below your shoulder. If you are for looks, then you will need to look at the bars and have a well stuffed billfold. Cheap handlbars will look cheap in about a year or two. (After they start to fade, chrome discoloring, rusting, etc.). So, what is the real reason for the bars?

I put 13" Road Six Holey Roller Bagger Bars on my '14 SGS. All I needed was an electrical extension. Cost 29 bucks or something like that. The Hydraulic cables for the brake and clutch can be rerouted. At 14" I would have needed new hydraulics. Simple answer is 13".
My reason? Because they're a lot more comfortable and they look about 300% better than stock bars. IMG_0140.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469