Automatic Motorcycles, gimmick or the future? Harley rider rides Auto Gold Wing.

I have a 2018 Gold Wing with the dual clutch 7 speed automatic. I really like it.

Honda Goldwing's are more of Cadillac style bike and Harley are more of Chevrolet models...….

Honda Goldwing is one that you paid once and you need nothing else, just ride and ride with comfort. They have thought of everything and not looking to have owner come back for more aftermarket or add-on accessories. Very reliable and more of a REAL touring bike.

Harley models are for owners to go as far as their wallets allow them to, the sky is the limit and how much of the beating riders can take....LOL!

If you put any Harley vs Goldwing and go on touring I bet at the end of the day Goldwing rider is still ready for more miles to cover, I am not talking about those that are hardcore riders that don't care how their back feel, though some of them are popping pain med....ROFL......I am talking about normal riders.

You can't take Godwing to a bike fest to show off what you have done.....but with Harley you can with all the money you have spent on it.....though bikers knows Goldwing owner have around $30k spent to own one.

For now I enjoy my Street Glide, when I retire I may consider Goldwing or Harley trike, I will not stop riding, I can't stop riding, riding is part of me.... :)

To the OP, I always enjoy your videos!

Regarding "automatic" I had a Honda Africa Twin with DCT and really liked it. I still spend quite a bit of time on my ADV bike and having something like DCT where you never stall out is a huge plus when you are on steep technical terrain. I did take me a short little bit to get used to not having a clutch lever but after a short bit it a didn't think about it. I also happen to ride Mountain bike where "push button" gear shifting is the norm. so using the equivalent of "paddle shifters" was also not a huge deal for me...

The only thing I didn't like and it was easily remedied was the "auto" shifting. I felt the shift points were too low. I'd be going 35 mph and be in 6th gear. So the bike would lug. I found it better to be Sport mode or better yet manual so I'd handle the shifting duties.

Overall I really like the DCT feature. But I don't know that I'd want it on my street bike in that I find on my Honda was quite a bit of the time doing the shifting manually to keep it in the power-band. Now the "clutchless" part? Never stalling... I'll take that today. As I asked in another thread, I'd like to put the Rekluse clutch on my bike...

The only way I can explain it is the Honda has no soul and not a lot of upgrades to make it your own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14