Aux Power Outlet or Battery Jump Start Attachment

Wardy236050

Jul 21, 2021
Hi Guys,

My previous bike was a 2019 Breakout, and I lived in an appartment block and didnt have access to a power outlet to run a battery tender, so I bought one of the Harley Hog Booster Jump Starters, but the access to the battery was almost non existant. So I modified the Hog Booster cable by cutting it in half and adding Andersen Plugs. See Pic below. Then I connected and andersen plug lead to the battery and hid it under the seat so I could use the HOG booster if my battery wasnt good enough to start the bike. It was a great success, so much so that I added andersen leads to my other bikes as well. Now I have a 2021 SGS and am thinking of doing the same. This has a couple of addtional bonuses, in that you can also use the outlet to jump start a buddys bike if you have a lead made up. Might even try to add an adderson flush mount this time for easy access.
Just though i'd share, let me know what you think.

Anderson Plug Mod.jpg

Andersen Plug Lead.jpg

I’d be concerned about the cable used able to carry the amperage from a jump start. A jump start on a street glide is extremely simple as you have such direct access to the post on the starter motor.

I will say that I like the idea of a direct connect harness such as yours but how often do you really need that feature?

Ride safe and have a great Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your external battery pack is similar to the Harley Hog Booster, the issue I had was access. I didnt want to pull half the bike apart so i could get to the battery to put on the alligator clamps.
Which i why i made the anderson plug harness, that i could attach it to the battery and then hide it under the seat.

I didnt want to pull half the bike apart so i could get to the battery to put on the alligator clamps.

Don’t forget you can attach your alligator clamps to the starter motor and a ground on the frame. That way you don’t have to take anything apart except for peeling back the rubber boot on the starter motor terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165