Avon Cobras

y22c

Jan 29, 2016
Just had a set of Avon Cobras mounted up, haven't even scuffed them in.

I have them on my '01 FXDX and like them, so I thought I would try them again.

Stock Dunlop front was showing signs of sidewall cracking 6K miles ago, tire has 10K on it.

Of course changed out the rear at the same time.

Probably had another 2-3K left on the tires.

Ken

I agree Avon makes a great tire. I had been running thr Venoms on my last bagger. The dealership gave me a tire warranty on this one so I will run factory till the extended warranty is up because free tires every few thousand miles is nice to me.

I'm putting Avon Cobras on mine. Had to find an 18" take-off front wheel. I've been riding the 18" wheel with the stock Dunlop which I like better than the 19" Dunlop. I won't get to ride the Cobras 'till spring.

Right now, at 10,000 miles my stock rear tire is worn flat which causes a big change in the cornering balance of the bike. The bike has a stronger tendency to stand up and go straight in a curve. When the tire was new and rounded, cornering was neutral and I could easily go around a curve with no steering input to the bars after initial turn-in.

I know this is an old thread but I've been running Avon Venom X on all my softails which have changed to the Cobras now. I really like those tires. I plan on putting them on my 14 SG as soon as the stock Dunlops wear out. Curious if anyone has any recent input.. I bought this bike last fall and it only had 3500 miles on it so it will be awhile before i get to replace them..

Rear Cobra lasted 8000 miles

Hulkss Even though you only got 8000 miles out of them how did they feel compared to the stock Dunlops, just curious. They've been a great tire on my softails. Just wasn't sure how they would work and hold up on a touring bike.

Hulkss Even though you only got 8000 miles out of them how did they feel compared to the stock Dunlops, just curious. They've been a great tire on my softails. Just wasn't sure how they would work and hold up on a touring bike.

I'm running Dunlop American Elites now. My favorite tires so far. The rear Avon is a less rounded tire than the Dunlop. I prefer the handling and feel of the Dunlops and they last more miles. The Avons and Dunlops both grip the road well.

I'm running Dunlop American Elites now. My favorite tires so far. The rear Avon is a less rounded tire than the Dunlop. I prefer the handling and feel of the Dunlops and they last more miles. The Avons and Dunlops both grip the road well.
Just switched to American Elites myself... hoping for decent mileage... got 8k on 2 stickers on the rear and 16k on the front stocker..... we shall see

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just switched to Michigan commander 2 on the rear. Waiting to see how it does. My metzler was in very bad shape after only 5000 miles or so. It was bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just switched to Michigan commander 2 on the rear. Waiting to see how it does. My metzler was in very bad shape after only 5000 miles or so. It was bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was Kev.... yes it was....

Thanks for the input. I still have plenty of tread to go before a necessary tire change. But everyone's opinion is appreciated.

Yes Kevin that tire was junk but if you like bum pity bump it was alright ha ha ha ha ha ha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit