Bad rear tires !!!!

18flhxs

Mar 7, 2018
Wondering if anyone else has this or heard of it yet? Just hit 5k miles and my rear tire has what looks like a razor blade slit about 2 inches from the center of the thread to the left side all the way around the tire.my brother told me about it ,said a couple people on his roadglide forum have got the same issue.one has the same slice but both sides from center same distance.CHECK YOUR REAR TIRES 18 OWNERS.will have to see what the dealer says???

Last edited:
When I traded in my 06 Electra glide for my current 14 street glide special, they pointed out a similar slice on the rear tire. They were Michelin commander II's

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks to me like where the two compounds are molded together its seperating.the edges are chopped pretty good too and with 5k miles it shouldnt be.

Wondering if they will give you warranty on the tire. Sounds to me like a defect.

just looked at it alittle closer when I got to work with better light and it is on both sides same distance from edges,WEIRD.

here is a pic of one side,couldnt get both sides to show clearly from a straight shot but both sides have the same slice same distance from edge20180828_180233.jpg

I couldn't get a good shot to show both sides,so this is left side of tire and the right side is exactly the same.not from spinning the tire cause it starts on the trailing edge of thread not the leading edge20180828_180233.jpg

I just traded my 14 SG in on a new 18 SG Special. When they checked my 14 over, they said they saw something weird on the rear tire. It was exactly what your picture shows. Razor slices all around the tire, the same distance from the center, on both sides. We rolled the bike, and it was the entire tire. They were HD Dunlop OEM tires, probably had 10k on them.

If they said this was normal I would bust out laughing. Pic worth 1000 words. Let us know the final verdict.

I will,gonna be next weekend before i can get there with work.will post what they say or do

Went out to my dealer today to have them look at my tire.they replaced the tire under warranty after telling me they found a scratch in the wheel on the bead from hitting a pothole and it was a road hazzard.YAH NICE TRY ITS NOT POSSIBLE.i think ive heard it all now,its unbelievable the garbage out of their mouths like everyone is stupid enough to believe it.oh well tire was covered and all good now.

I went to my dealer where i purchased my bike to have them look at the tire,manager said hes never seen one slit on every tread,both sides and all the way around the tire.he said it was covered 100 % and put a new tire on it,3 hours later the manager says i came lookin for you but couldnt find you,the tech found scratches on your wheel on the bead so they werent gonna cover it cause its a road hazard!!!!.but i got them to cover it for you.looked at a pic the tech took on his phone and said what the F@&%.got home and looked at it,the only thing on the wheel was that paste they use when they mount the tire,cleaned it off there is not a mark on my wheel.i dont get what they are trying to pull,doesnt make sense to me at all.did they not think i was gonna look at it when i got home???.and they didnt look for me to hard cause i didnt go anywhere,never left their property,UNBELIEVABLE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller