BARS ! Do i need to make my own ?

Mar 1, 2016
Anybody know of a 12" ape bar that has enough pullback so i can lean back and have my elbows nicely bent? Everything i see out there has the bars bent forward toward the fairing. I want bars that have 6 to 8 inches of clearance between the throttle grip and the fairing face. Im 5' 11" and the stock bars make my hands numb on a long ride. Going straight up from the stockers is not enough. I need to go up and BACK ! Help me my cyber biker buds !!

Anybody know of a 12" ape bar that has enough pullback so i can lean back and have my elbows nicely bent? Everything i see out there has the bars bent forward toward the fairing. I want bars that have 6 to 8 inches of clearance between the throttle grip and the fairing face. Im 5' 11" and the stock bars make my hands numb on a long ride. Going straight up from the stockers is not enough. I need to go up and BACK ! Help me my cyber biker buds !!
I use Kromewerks 2+2 Narrow Sweepers for the reasons you stated.
DxvOt4.jpg

Have you checked out the HD Accessories book? There are a bunch of bars available at reasonable prices.

I got my bars from hill country customs in texas,great to deal with tons in stock or they can custom build what you want.check em out

Mike, you have any side view pics from ground level? Kromewerks site has no helpful pics. Are yours 12" bars (rise) ? They dont say what the +2 and 2+2 mean on their site.

Mike, you have any side view pics from ground level? Kromewerks site has no helpful pics. Are yours 12" bars (rise) ? They dont say what the +2 and 2+2 mean on their site.

The 2+2 are 2" up and 2" back from stock. They also have a more natural wrist angle than stock.
I have my bars pulled back pretty far, I'm like 5'9" and my elbows are bent with them like this. You would probably set them more upright.
Do a Google search, there's lots of talk about these bars.
qR13LW.jpg

Well, I ordered 12" LA Choppers #7321-12 apes and should be here Monday . Added the poly bushings too. Likely will need to modify the bars to get the reach i want. Listed as having 10" of pull back so we will see.

I have the LA 12" on my 14 and we're the same height. I find the ride very comfortable, hope it work for you. My stock mirrors were slightly obstructed so I did go with Kuryakyn mirrors above the bars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got the bars on and they should be comfortable. Problem is, the throttle wont work. Almost had it all done ! All else is good. The wiring was plenty long enough so no splice to be bad. I might have gotten some wire lube on the inside of the mint green connector, thats all i can think of. I checked fuses, they were good. Back to disassembly :( .

Got it fixed. Turned out to be pinched wiring at the right side control housing, poor factory design. Modified it and all good now. Hoping to test ride today !

Rode with the new bars today. Improvements in the slow speed maneuvering as well quicker response in turning in general. Will need to wait for arm fatigue test on a long ride but i think it will be fine. The mirrors are 90% obstructed so i will research remedies for that. All in all, im happy. Thanks to all for the helpful posts on this site, old and new. Makes things easy !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469