Batwing Tallboy Handlebar -- Part Number 55800591

MDegn

Apr 4, 2017
Has anyone installed the Batwing Tallboy Handlebar? What was the change in position for you grips? Did you need to replace cables? Having difficulty getting the kind of inforamation I need to make an informed decision. I'm looking to bring my grips closer to me and maybe 2 inches higher. I've installed a tallboy seat and lowered my floor boards. So now I have plenty of leg room but I'm not able to fully sit back in the seat the way I would like. I have to lean just a bit forward and find I'm tilting my head back so I end up with a sore neck and shoulders after a long ride.

Any help, pictures of your install would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome MDegn,
Page 659 of the 2017 HD parts and accessories catalog list the dimensions of all of the available HD bar options as well as an image showing how bars are measured. Measure your stock bars as shown and compare to the above reference chart to discover the variations. Also on page 678 are side shot pictures comparing various bars to the stockers. Also on the bottom of page 678 is Electra Glide chrome handlebar fitting 08 and later EG and Street Glide part number 56036. This is the stock handlebar and the specs are also sown on the chart on page 659
If you change bars please post a review and pictures For those considering these bars also.

Best,
Blues

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469