Bling Items count

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
So today was a very rainy day and not much to do but I was in the garage piddling with my SGS and started counting all the things I've added to it. Without naming them specifically I counted 40 different items I've added on since purchasing the bike. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $7,000 (not counting motor clothes)! Its no wonder that Harley sends them out as plainly dressed as they do ! ! ! just sayin . . . . . . :confused: heh heh

I agree Mojo, not sure I've spent that much yet but I'm trying. I look at it this way though, there's much more expensive hobbies that I've had that didn't bring me as much enjoyment.

I hear ya Mojo... I have a box that all my 'take-offs' are in with all receipts.... I went thru them one day and was shocked that I spent over $8500 in accessories.... I NEVER told Dana... but she must know by now.. lol!!!!

I hear ya Mojo... I have a box that all my 'take-offs' are in with all receipts.... I went thru them one day and was shocked that I spent over $8500 in accessories.... I NEVER told Dana... but she must know by now.. lol!!!!

Uhh, I think ya just did! :) Tell her we'll try to re-coupe some of it in the $mokies in $eptember!!

I have $7,700 in 34 items. I keep it on a spread sheet on my computer. I keep thinking that I am done and don't need to buy anything else for my SG but that doesn't seem to ever happen.

Maybe a CVO isn't that expensive after all!

Some of us could have bought a CVO for the aftermarket stuff we've added and the price lol.

Some of us could have bought a CVO for the aftermarket stuff we've added and the price lol.

DON'T SAY THAT!!!! I was 'lookin' yesterday....

Road Glide CVO Limited.... $42K

Sorry guys... I am SG all the way, but DANG that scoot is SEXY!!!!

(The SGS would stay though.. Don't worry )

15-hd-cvo-road-glide-ultra-1-zoom.jpg

Yeah- I think about that often but then I'm reminded; you wouldn't have as much fun in the "wish book"!

Iv'e got a 2015 CVO with the black sparkly paint and flames damn its tempting lol

Resist Spazz! Resist!

So, do bling items that the dealer put on to entice me to buy count or do they have to be put on post-sale? And we're talking around $4k of pre-buy bling here. LOL

David

Resist Spazz! Resist!

So, do bling items that the dealer put on to entice me to buy count or do they have to be put on post-sale? And we're talking around $4k of pre-buy bling here. LOL

David

bling is bling... you still paid for it.... either way you ring it up... lol

I have $7,700 in 34 items. I keep it on a spread sheet on my computer. I keep thinking that I am done and don't need to buy anything else for my SG but that doesn't seem to ever happen.

Maybe a CVO isn't that expensive after all!
Haha.. I do the same... And when I look at it tje spreadsheet and think "damn" I've spent some money on this... I changed the numbers...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DON'T SAY THAT!!!! I was 'lookin' yesterday....

Road Glide CVO Limited.... $42K

Sorry guys... I am SG all the way, but DANG that scoot is SEXY!!!!

(The SGS would stay though.. Don't worry )

15-hd-cvo-road-glide-ultra-1-zoom.jpg
That does look great ! Boss got a new Ultra Limited.... cash no less.. Beautiful bike..
the SAME one the kickstand spring fell off ! I almost said something but... that's a good way to get a black eye..

I know this post are kinda old buy I'm a new SG own with a bone stock bike. Any cool parts you guys what to throw my way would be great. lol

Dividing mods into categories and proceeding in order of importantance works well. Some categories include Saftey, Comfort, and performance. I mod Saftey and comfort first. I ride the bike for at least 5k before I work on performance. This formula has worked well for me for decades.
I also take the time to pick a theme for my bikes. Visualize the finished product. As example if you knew me and I traded bikes without your knowledge you would still be able to pick out my ride in the parking lot without having previously seen it.
All my bikes end up clean and smooth.

Good luck and have fun!

Blues

ok my bike is not as stock now and in no way have I spent as much as you guys have. But so far I have invested about $3000 into my bike most of it bling, but I have added my own bling by polishing 54 parts on my bike.

I've pissed away a lot more money on things that didn't bring near as much enjoyment and content. My FLHXS was fine the way it came and even better now.. It reflects me and who I am.. I suppose like anything else there is a limit.. I'll explore that raid when I get to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90