CB Install on 2014 Street Glide

Scott14SG

Oct 20, 2013
When I started checking if this was even possible my dealer said no, others said yes. I'll be doing a long cross country trip next summer with my brother so I wanted to install the CB to listen for speed traps, traffic updates as well as communicate with my brother without slowing down and yelling at each other.

Well, I found a HD Press Release that says it is possible second to last item under Boom! Box 4.3 states; Boom! Box 4.3 supports CB radio and voice-activated (VOX) intercom functions.

So I went and ordered the parts, so far I'm still waiting on the connection cable (coming Friday) for the headset as well as the headset itself (back ordered until 3 Jan). I ordered the parts from Surdyke as they had a 20% off sale, my only complaint is that UPS is delivering everything on 3 different days. If the headset gets delayed any longer then I'll order this one from IMC Motorcom

I started the install of the CB on my 2014 Street Glide today. I'm taking pictures as I go as well as making a good instruction sheet (PDF) that I will post up when I'm done. So far the module is in, pretty easy but you'll need someone with small hands to get one of the bracket screws in.

The antenna I ordered is the wrong one, fits up to 2013 so the bracket will NOT work on the 2014 models, so off to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get a bracket or if I'll have to make one.

The instructions that came with the CB module are incorrect, the CB module plugs into the BLACK plug not the one on the directions. No big deal really as the plugs have specific fittings and you can't get it onto the other one which for now I assume will be for the comm cable.

Stay tuned for updates...

OK, here's the next dilemma.

The comm cable, part# 69200865 arrived today and of course the directions completely suck. The directions state:

2. Remove seal pin from cavity 12 of P&A connector [280](2).
3. Install the pin end of the ground wire into cavity 12 of P&A connector [280].

edit: OK, got a magnifying glass and saw that where the black wire is, that is cavity 12. So now the question is do I remove the black wire, not install it at all? I don't believe this can be pushed in there in addition to the existing black wire.

First picture is the plug showing the black wire in cavity 12. Second picture is the ground plug you are supposed to put there.

edit: Someone contacted me who had a service manual, we believe that the ground wire goes into cavity 12 of the bike side of the plug, which would connect to the black wire on the comm cable. CB is hooked up and everything wired, no to find a dealer who knows how to flash the radio for this. I rerouted the CB antenna cable to the left side of the bike and used the existing antenna bracket and routed the radio antenna up under the frame as shown in this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7NoK0A1GA

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ground wire.jpg
    ground wire.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member