CB install on 2015 street glide

Slimboybinz

Sep 1, 2015
Hello out there,

has anyone fitted the Harley bike to bike CB unit to a Rushmore SG?

Was it easy or does it need a dealer install?

Thanks up front.

Well-If it's like everything else you do to your HD scoot, you'll have to take it back and pay them to flash the ECM ! :( :confused:

hey thanks all out there.
Scott your pdf file was comprehensive and i now feel confident to do this myself.
just out of interest, is there not a way to put the CB aerial on the RHS to match the existing one?

hey thanks all out there.
Scott your pdf file was comprehensive and i now feel confident to do this myself.
just out of interest, is there not a way to put the CB aerial on the RHS to match the existing one?

Thanks, it's easier than it looks just take your time. The only way I know of is to use one of the extended antenna mounts, I don't know of a part to mount in the same location so it comes through the hole in the fender. There could be one by now, but I haven't looked for it as I made my own extended mount. It would not be hard to take the left mount off and have a machine shop make a reverse part for the right side, I made a template and was going to do that but decided on the extended one since my next project is extended bags fender.

Scott14SG;48972 I don't know of a part to mount in the same location so it comes through the hole in the fender. There could be one by now said:
Thanks again Scott.
Your idea worked; i took off the bracket from the right hand side and made a cardboard replica.
It was then easy to bend the cardboard flat and make a piece of metal to the "mirror image".
i will make

Hi Scott,
I am collecting all items now for this install.
I don't really want to have the expense of the lighted controls at the moment, and wondered if you may know if the "PTT" switch is available as a separate item and will fit where the blanking plug is on the stock RHS switch assembly.
Unfortunately my dealer here is one down from stupid as he told me at the get go that the CB setup could not be fitted, so I don't feel like going to him any time soon.

The PTT switch is not available to add to your right hand controls.
Sorry you have to buy the whole control switch pack.

Hi Scott,
I am collecting all items now for this install.
I don't really want to have the expense of the lighted controls at the moment, and wondered if you may know if the "PTT" switch is available as a separate item and will fit where the blanking plug is on the stock RHS switch assembly.
Unfortunately my dealer here is one down from stupid as he told me at the get go that the CB setup could not be fitted, so I don't feel like going to him any time soon.

I'm away from home, I believe there is a part number for just the PTT switch however I'm not sure if it's pre-14 or 14+ bikes. Personally I think Ron is correct and you'll have to get the entire switch pack. I looked on the Granite State HD OEM parts finder and the PTT switch is not listed for 14+. I'll look through the paperwork I have when I get home, but it might be weeks, I'm away on business now.

No problem, the part# you need is 715000130
They are about $130, but you can always look for a used one.
Good luck whatever you do.
Ron

I already have my bars internal wired. Is the PTT wiring present in the harness coming from the factory original switches or will I need to remove the internal wired harness and replace with new harness?

Yes, the PTT wiring connection is present already. My 2015 SGS was upgraded with a CB module prior to initial delivery when purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469