Cheap full featured 3/4/ Helmet

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
Not wanting to risk damage to my $$$ Harley helmet, I was looking for a cheap helmet to take on the Reno Ride that had lots of features and I found it! I stopped by Cycle Gear and found this: The BILT Route model has both Clear shield and drop down smoked "sun glasses", Ample venting and padding. They come in White, Silver, Gloss and Flat black. $59.99 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :cool:;)
BILT.png

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-route-helmet

How would you damage your $$$Harley helmet?? If in an accident would you not want the better protection? A friend used to work at Cycle Gear and said that the cost of the Bilt, made in China, helmet was about $19, not for me thanks.

I remember old Bell Helmet ads that posed the question "How much is your head worth?" Why wouldn't you wear the $$$ H-D helmet? It's that why u bought it, to protect your head? I wouldn't wear a cheap 3/4 helmet for all the cheap helmets in China lol. If something bad DID happen, that face shield would fold up like an accordion. Man try a full face thats not a modular.... solid protection for the facial area. JMO.

I remember old Bell Helmet ads that posed the question "How much is your head worth?" Why wouldn't you wear the $$$ H-D helmet? It's that why u bought it, to protect your head? I wouldn't wear a cheap 3/4 helmet for all the cheap helmets in China lol. If something bad DID happen, that face shield would fold up like an accordion. Man try a full face that's not a modular.... solid protection for the facial area. JMO.

Full face is not my bag and neither are $500 skid lids. This unit is not carbon fiber, Kevlar or fiberglass but is made out of the same Poly carbonate shell My Harley unit (made by HJC) is, has very nice padding and chin strap. Just not marked up like the well known brands and it IS DOT approved (FMVSS 218).

And, its a better choice for me rather than the well worn half helmet they offer with rentals.

By the way- My original post was not intended to start a range war over personal choices and opinions but simply to share a good value priced piece of gear for my intended temporary use . . . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag