Check engine light on!

zbuxton

Jul 25, 2012
So my check engine light keeps randomly coming on and off? Has anyone had this problem? It seems to turn off when I fill up however will turn back on at random times. I had the local dealer check for codes and they said it didn't have any? HELP!! Thanks!

Check your voltage regulator.
There is a recall for them on the newer bikes. Your dealer your dealer can check your manufacturing date on your bike and can tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I have a p1510 code and a p2138. Harley dealer says I need to replace the ECM? Anyone have an opinion on this?

I think those codes are related to a problem with the TBW. Do you still have your stock bars? The reason I ask is a lot of folks have problems after a monkey/ape bar change. I also recall reading somewhere about a SB to check the Duetsh connector for corrosion. Hope this helps.

I think those codes are related to a problem with the TBW. Do you still have your stock bars? The reason I ask is a lot of folks have problems after a monkey/ape bar change. I also recall reading somewhere about a SB to check the Duetsh connector for corrosion. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I do have apes! I am kind of new to this but what is "sb" and "duetsh"?

SB = service bulletin. Duetsch = manufacturer of electrical connectors. This style of connector requires special tooling to remove pins in the connector, if the mechanic does not have them then there is a high likelyhood you have a poor connection causing your problem from when the bars were installed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetRider1913