Check your parts lesson

Scott14SG

Oct 20, 2013
Just wanted to pass along a little lesson I learned recently, I am in no way blaming my local dealership, it also wasn't a huge deal, just an inconvenience really.

I bought a set of V&H true dual pipes, twin slash round slipons and a couple other parts at my local dealer a month ago. I was still searching for an air cleaner that I liked so the parts went in my spare bedroom until this past weekend. I get the new air cleaner installed one day, the next day I decided to install the slipons only (still not sure I want to change the pipes yet) so I remove the stock mufflers. I open up the box of new slipons, all looks good with a big L and R stamped on the 2 smaller boxes. So I go out in the garage and put the right side on, just slipped it on and put one of the rear screws on to hold it in place temporarily. I go in an open the other box without paying much attention, bring the muffler out into the garage and something just doesn't seem right. Yes, you guessed it, I had 2 right side mufflers. I call the dealer the next morning and they tell me to bring them both in so they can verify. Sure enough, I was right. The dealer was great about it, ordered me a new set and said they would return those.

Next time, if I can't see through the packaging I'll open it up right there to verify I have the right parts. I'm not even pissed at V&H, stuff happens and nobody is perfect. It just sucks that I'm not out riding and hearing the new muffler sound yet.

Hey just wanted to let you know I have the Dresser Duals & Twin Slash Rounds on my 12 Glide & I love the sound! Plus with the Duals you get rid of the Cat in the stock headers!

Thanks! My brother just did the mufflers but I'm leaning towards doing the pipes as well. I'm betting it will run and sound much better too.

Well I did it! Put the dresser duals and twin slash rounds on, you were right, it sounds awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107