Chirp chirp

Loonytunes

Aug 27, 2018
Bought my 13' SG with Rinehart duals already on it. Cant tell you exactly which series they are. Problem is, right side has a chirp under acceleration. Drives me nuts. So far, i've checked clamps, bolts at the heads, all tight. I removed the baffle on the right side and looked it over, no cracks. I used a small patch of muffler tape on the upstream end of the baffle. Noise stopped for 5 min. then came back. Took the baffle back out and used a rubber mallet to lightly put a slight taper on the end. Again, took care of the noise for about 5 min. and it's back. Anyone know of a permanent fix? I'm about ready to scrap the Rineharts and go with different pipes if I can't get the chirp to go away.

Last edited:
Ok, after some research, I narrowed the pipes down to slimline duals. Also found out, they aren't true duals in that there is a crossover. Here nor there I guess, bike runs good.
Went for a putt today and the chirping noise is just plain obnoxious. I can hear it over the exhaust itself.
According to Rinehart, these pipes were made to accept other manufacturers mufflers. May go this route. I like the Bassani's on my Vrod so may be an option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith