Cirius Lights wired to Aux light Switch

Weeds

Jul 29, 2016
Anyone wired their Cirius Engine guard lights to the dash aux switch to turn them on and off ?

Anyone wired their Cirius Engine guard lights to the dash aux switch to turn them on and off ?

That's how I'm having done right now on my 16 SG. Aux switch harness adapt is 117$ish from Harley. Decided to get wiring professionally done just because. Don't think it's that difficult. Figured after spending money on lights and switch harness another 100$ ain't gonna kill me. Lol. And I know it's done right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afterthought... should've put a quick disconnect where wires exit bar. Just in case bar needed to be removed. O well

Afterthought... should've put a quick disconnect where wires exit bar. Just in case bar needed to be removed. O well

IamBr549, can you share more information with us about the install and perhaps some good pics of your Cirius highway bar LED lights, switch, wire passthrough etc.? I agree with you, that a quick disconnect would have been really nice. I did a little research on this kit and it looks great on the web, but how is the actual quality in person? Do the stainless steel light bodies have rubber behind them to make for a tight fit around the highway bar and a rattle-free install? How difficult was it to fish the wires up the sides and across the top of the highway bar? Lastly, if you had it to do over again, would you still buy this kit?

I'll start off by saying that the Cirius lights are high quality. The finish is excellent and they do not rattle. I found the hardest part of install was tapping the holes for the screws that mount lights. I would recommend using painters tape on bars to make marking and drilling easier . I broke two taps while tapping which meant a couple of trips to Lowe's. The lights do not have rubber seals. Cirius lights require silicone sealant for sealing lights. First one was a little tricky but the rest went easy. Using to much sealant could cause some of the sealant to get on lights. Won't hurt the lights but may obscure the brightness. I had the wires exit the top of the bar just about center. Fishing wires was not that difficult.
Now hooking the wires up to the bike for newer bike was the difficulty. First I didnt want a cheesy looking hookup so I had to invest in the aux. switch harness from harley. About 130$ after tax. Second , I hired someone to do the wiring. That was almost as expensive as the lights. I installed two whites facing forward and two reds on bottom facing back. White lights I had installed to turn on with the aux. switch and reds I had installed to turn on when brakes were applied. I tend to overthink things and over research which leads me to uncertainty. So for a bike I paid 21,000$ , I wanted to make sure wiring wAs done right. In the end everything cost me about 750$ -800$. This was a little more than what I wanted to spend but the look is awesome and it does draw attention. I wanted something different and Biketoberfest in Daytona proved it.
So yes I would do over. Hoped that helped. Sorry I didn't take any install pics. My lights look exactly like ones on Cirius website.Super bright and I love them. Any more questions message me. Be glad to help!

Sent from my iPhone using all Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight IamBr549. The wiring part doesn't scare me at all, but drilling the bar does, as I've read that a few people have broken taps in the holes. I guess that says a lot about the crash bar itself (very durable).

Thanks for the insight IamBr549. The wiring part doesn't scare me at all, but drilling the bar does, as I've read that a few people have broken taps in the holes. I guess that says a lot about the crash bar itself (very durable).

Drilling was the easy part for me. Lining everything up was difficult to measure but using the painters tape on bars really helped. Made marking and drilling easier. Kept drill bit from sliding and easier to set a mark.

Have been torn on these. Much thanks for the detailed feedback!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agree - pics or it didn't happen. lol

7f24a90fed09166fcee1fffd734be8dd.jpg
a571b947c93f5e93cd0158c67edc080f.jpg

Looks great! I was looking for increased visibility without adding big bulky lights. I think this just sold me. Thanks for the pics!

By the way, off topic, but what highway legs are those? Where'd you find'em?

Just an FYI for other that want to drill their bars, using the proper sized drill bit first is key. And not rushing the tap job.
-back it in/out a lot-and use a bit of lube......

I'm looking at installing these same lights, and would like to also have an aux switch to control them.
130$ for a harness?
Is there a more cost effective way to do this?
Pics of the aux switch?

Just an FYI for other that want to drill their bars, using the proper sized drill bit first is key. And not rushing the tap job.
-back it in/out a lot-and use a bit of lube......

Agree! Also put painters tape over bar then tap a hole with a punch. Tape will keep drill from sliding and make it easier to measure and mark. Taps are cheap. Buy a couple from Lowe's before starting.

Last edited:

I'm looking at installing these same lights, and would like to also have an aux switch to control them.
130$ for a harness?
Is there a more cost effective way to do this?
Pics of the aux switch?

150b90152d31cac655a853fe15181884.jpg
I

It can be done without harness. I hired a shop to wire lights up and all they used were the switches from harness kit.
One other suggestion. Install a quick release where wires will exit crash bar. Just in case you need to remove bar in the future.

By the way, off topic, but what highway legs are those? Where'd you find'em?

I found on eBay. Been a while so not sure who from. Happy with quality

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469