Clearview Sport shield

speed4tu

May 3, 2014
Hi all. I was just looking on Clearviews website and notice that they now have a sport size shield. I have the small clearview one and its great. Just wondering if any of you guys have the sport one. Small is 15 5/8 and the small is 14 1/4. I know it would look much better but wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to how the airflow is with it.

I've not seen it or heard of it- I'll check it out but I'm very happy with my current Clearview.

I just ordered a 17" ClearViewShield. That is a medium size and equals the 8.5" KlockWerks size. Used the discount code from this forum and got 10% off. I mailed back and forth several times and came to the conclusion that ClearViewShields really Rock!! After explaining my concern about the vibration of the 1/8" ClearViewShield being thinner than the stock-so-low-shield which seems to be 3/16" thick. Andy from customer service ClearViewShields told me he will manufacture a 3/16" 17" recured top dark smoked for me specially. Isn't that awesome? At no extra cost!! Wow man, that is really great!! Happy that I took Mojo's trail... ;) to ClearViewShields. Will have a darksmoke shield, no vibration and no buffeting. Can't wait to get it installed. Must wait 15-20 days before international shipment, But It 'll be worth waiting for.

It is from another thread but I'm so happy they can make it 3/16" thick . Might be of interest of others on this forum

http://streetglide.com/showthread.php?p=30471

I'll let you know how it is when my sport clearview shield arrives ... Just ordered
Well I've been riding so much forgot to comment on my awesome Clearview Shield. Yeah it's that good.

I'm 5' 9", and the stock windshield with stock seat was fine up to about 60 mph. Above that and the glasses would almost come off!

With Clearview Shield Sport, it does reduce my view over the top of it some. Got used to that after a couple of rides. Absolutely no problem with wind buffeting now. I really like it. Excellent value too!

Clearview Sport shield

I recently purchased the Medium Clearview shield custom 3/16" thick with tyhe recurved top. Just came back from a trip to Moezel Germany. Winding roads and highway. I can say that I'm very happy with this shield. No vibration and great wind deflection. Even at highway speed of 111 mph ( just a few seconds) the shield still does what is should do. Keeping you out of the wind. When calling home before the reception was bad because of the windnoise in the speaker ( I ride with an open face Diesel helmet) but with this shield my wife coud hear me very crisp with no windnoise through the phone! When you're searching for a shield, consider the Clierview shield. Bugs will find their end on the fairing and the shield, not on your face, teeth or jacket.

Thanks for the post anesthesioloog, Not only do they make good products but they're sponsors here as well!

I ordered the sport shield to try out and it did work great. Wasn't much different than my small in the looks so I returned it. If I didn't already have one I would definitely get the sport tho!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith