Clearview Wide Option

NewRider

Nov 24, 2015
Any experiences with Clearview Wide option, or any other with a wider than stock option?

Yes I have the 18.5 in the wide version and it works really good. Beware I had to trim the bottom edges of mine so it wouldn't hit the top of the inner fairing and rub the paint off. Before I cut it off you had to hold up on the shield while you tightened the screws which left gaps on the seal on the front side for water to enter. Not sure if this is still an issue but something to watch for. I like the windshield and it's a lot better then the 10 inch wind splitter I had on before.

WOW 18" and "real tall" ?? I hope I don't have to go that high. I changed my stock to an 8 inch and added Fork lowers and it did seem to help. Much better than stock. The buffeting at face level is gone but it seems to beat my ears to death, so I hoped something a little wider may help, so I did not have to keep getting a taller one. I do notice when I put my feet on the highway pegs it seems to be worse so that air must be coming from the bottom. I l also am going to try the fairing wind deflectors. I really like the bike but did not think I would have to do so much with wind management.

The experimentation continues, Thanks and keep the replies coming

Clear View measures from the ignitions switch instead of the front center screw, that is why the number is much higher. Yeah, at first glance it sounds like a real tall windscreen, but it's just the way they take their measurements.

Slingshot is correct on how you measure it so that's why it is 18.5. They make one that is 19 or 19.5 inches also. I'm 6-1 with a long torso and this shield hits me just above the chin so I look over it with ease.

WOW 18" and "real tall" ?? I hope I don't have to go that high. I changed my stock to an 8 inch and added Fork lowers and it did seem to help. Much better than stock. The buffeting at face level is gone but it seems to beat my ears to death, so I hoped something a little wider may help, so I did not have to keep getting a taller one. I do notice when I put my feet on the highway pegs it seems to be worse so that air must be coming from the bottom. I l also am going to try the fairing wind deflectors. I really like the bike but did not think I would have to do so much with wind management.

The experimentation continues, Thanks and keep the replies coming
Like yourself, I love the bike but struggling with the wind management. I have a Clearview Sport and don't get any face buffering but the sides of my helmet and chest are still getting rocked. I've added a Kuryakyn Triple Tree and the fairing wind deflectors but it's still unmanageable. Next is either the fork fangs or Advan hard lowers or both. Did you ever try the wide windshield option?

Like yourself, I love the bike but struggling with the wind management. I have a Clearview Sport and don't get any face buffering but the sides of my helmet and chest are still getting rocked. I've added a Kuryakyn Triple Tree and the fairing wind deflectors but it's still unmanageable. Next is either the fork fangs or Advan hard lowers or both. Did you ever try the wide windshield option?

Eril- Go with the fork fangs, that should do it!

Thanks! I almost got them at my 1K service yesterday but the service manager was adamant I would not be able to use my hard lowers in the future with them (if I ever got them). I should have just went with my gut because I knew some, like yourself, had both on here without a problem. Thanks again.

I have the fork fangs and lowers on my bike plenty of room. The only thing the fangs mess up is if you put on highway running lights then you have to get the other kind or trim them.

I actually have the passing lights and full size signal lights and have zero issues with clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I did get the fork fangs to go with the fairing wings but I'm still getting hit with more wnd than I like on my shoulders and side of the helmet (no buffeting in the face). Seems like my only move left is a "wide" option Clearview or a wide LRS. Or this is as good as it gets with a batwing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77