Cobra 909 Twins

DSPLCD

Sep 13, 2016
Rode to Meridan, MS a few weeks back with a friend to have these slip ons installed. I have been extremely happy with them, they have a good tone not obnoxius or overwhelming to the guys riding behind you. The scalloped tips give the bike a real clean look compared to some other slip ons I was considering.

attachment.php

Robert

Attachments

• 20160731_170202.jpg
    20160731_170202.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
Just read your post and am considering these for 17 SGS......are you still happy with these pipes? Raspy sound, or deep?

I added the Cobra 909's to mine when I did the Stage l. They sound good and throaty when you open it up and mild otherwise. The price was right too from Westend Motorsports.

Ditto^^^
I'm happy with mine too! Good performance gains without a ton of noise.
I leave for work about midnight and am glad they aren't super loud.
Nice rumble when on the throttle though.

Fatbob Frank,

Thanks for jumping in; although I dont leave for work until 5:30, it's still earlier than my neighbors are up, and I am sensitive to that.

Oz

Installed the 909s today along with fuelpak FP3 and Screaming Eagle ventilator. LOVE these pipes! Not too much louder than stock, but much deeper......havent been able to take it out and twist the throttle yet, but a couple blips indicate they can talk when you want them to. VERY happy with this choice.

Thinking of swapping out my Jackpots for these or some Rineharts. Jackpots look and sound great but a tad loud for me. Reviews all over are excellent if not plentiful.

Installed the 909s today along with fuelpak FP3 and Screaming Eagle ventilator. LOVE these pipes! Not too much louder than stock, but much deeper......havent been able to take it out and twist the throttle yet, but a couple blips indicate they can talk when you want them to. VERY happy with this choice.

The 909's WILL be louder (in a good way) with a cam upgrade.

A cam upgrade is in my near future.
High performance cams will make almost any exhaust louder so I'm glad these are pretty mellow to begin with.

LOL thank you. Funny story about that. A few years ago i had mandatory vacation i had to take before the end of the year or else i would loose it. So i rented a portable storage unit, emptied the contents of the garage into it, and proceeded to clean, sort, throw out broken and un needed "stuff", and paint it. Took me a whole week but now its clean and organized. And yes i actually mop it twice a year. Makes working on something a whole lot easier.

Agree for the money these things are great, mellow tone so they do not mess with my tunes. Found them on Amazon for $304, best deal I could find.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith