Coil spring or air ride

cobranick

Mar 4, 2019
To start the bike is a 18 sgs. I cant decide between ohlins or legend coil shocks or some sort of air ride. If I didnt mind the bike going up some 13" coil would be what I would buy. What I am looking for is 1" down from stock or stock height. And a plusher ride. I am not a extremely aggressive rider. I am 40yrs old and just want to cruise long distances weather its highway or back roads. From your experiences what would you buy? I just want something that soaks up the bumps and doesnt beat my already ****ty back into the ground. Thanks for any input

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You cant go wrong with the legend revo a's,i have them on my 18 and love the ride.they are pricey but you get what you pay for.dont have personal experience with the ohlins but i hear alot of good about them too.

Another vote for Legends. I've got 13" Revo A's in the back with -1" drop up front over an 18" rear wheel and a 21" front. If you want something that soaks up the bumps in the back, Legends is the way to go. After you get the initial sag set, you can set the rebound to your liking for your style of riding. I'm an aggressive rider but I still like some rebound in the rear end, to soak up bumps as you say, and I've found with the REVO A's I can set them up to do exactly that. The difference between these spring shocks and the OEM garbage the Moco puts on our bikes at the factory is night and day. If you put Axios up front, the front end won't dive every time you brake, and you'll feel like you can lay it over like you're on a set of rails when you get into the curves. You can get the rears in 12" or 13". I'd talk to Lindsey at Iron Aces and ask her if she's still giving forum members a discount. 10% is a pretty good chunk of change when you're thinking about spending that kind of money.

Last edited:
Well ordered revo a 12" rear and axeo standard front per legend recommendations. As soon as I get them installed I will report back what I think. I really hope it helps soak up the bumps. And I wont miss the front end diving every time I hit the front brakes. That's annoying as hell
4544b9e503bdb997ed6c14205c3917a1.jpg

So got the 12" revo a rear shocks installed and I will say I was a little sceptical. But WOW! huge difference with just ther rears installed. They soaked up the bumps and imperfections in the road very well! I rode all day long today and my back did not hurt at all through out the ride or at the end off the day. We even hit a section of the highway were it was very choppy like a whoop section, but I never felt it until we got off the highway and my buddy made a comment about it. Flat out impressed! The one thing I dont like is the way the preload is adjusted. When first installed they were a mother to turn by hand. And I'm not one of the weaker guys in the bunch ( not the strongest either Lol). I almost thought they were cross threaded out of the box. But I did not see any wierd marks on the threads or any sort of shavings coming off after going down 1 inch in threads and then back up trying to set sag. So this is my feedback on the rears. Front cartridge to come next. I have the front tore apart already. Just need to get the Allen sockets from a buddy
a35cd98b687153ade5fd003286361a60.jpg

Last edited:
So installed the front axeo standard cartridges. And I'm gonna have to say for Chicago's ****ty roads and what I was trying to achieve axeos are not for me. The only thing I really like about them is the lack of front end drive while braking. For the corner carving enthusiasts they are perfect. But when you hit a decent bump in the road it's not as forgiving as stock. Its definitely firmer as advertised. So I'm not bashing legend or there product. Just saying it's not for me or anyone looking for a plusher ride. If you are after performance or handling then I would say these are for you. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith