Cold Cranking Amps

glideright

Jun 5, 2015
My 2015 SGS has always started, but sometimes seems like it could start quicker. There's a pause before it cranks over, on occasion. Sometimes it just seems sluggish to start. I have a battery tender that I hook it up to all the time. It has the original battery from the dealership still installed, whatever the CCAs are on that one. I'm just curious if there's such a thing as providing the SGS with too many CCAs. I saw a BikeMaster Lithium with 625 CCAs. I'm sure many of you would say that's overkill and not necessary to spend that kind of money, but is it truly a matter of preference, or can a lot of CCAs harm a motorcycle. I'm still learning here, so I appreciate your patience and responses. I just want my SGS to sound excited and alive when I turn the engine over. Thanks.

Same in my 2014. These engines are high compression and I think that is normal as the pressure gets overcome by the combustion PDF the other cylinder. Every Harley I hear does this to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is that somewhat eliminated with the high CCA batteries?
I checked out the EarthXBattery site, but why do you like them??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So is that somewhat eliminated with the high CCA batteries?
I checked out the EarthXBattery site, but why do you like them??

They have a proper set of battery management electronics built-in.

Hello?? Can someone let me know if high CCAs can harm a motorcycle and what battery electronics management means and what's good about EarthXBaterries?? Thanks.

Sorry. It's been a rough day. Disregard. I'll do d out on my own.....

The engine starter (as with any motor) will only draw the amps it needs to function so any over capacity of CCA will do nothing to harm the bike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469