communication

DaKoe70

Feb 19, 2017
Wondering if anyone has installed any kind of CB communications on their 2017 Street Glide Special, and if they have any recommendations?

Have not done anything with a CB but I know there is a thread or 2 on here about it. Use the search feature upper right corner.

Wondering if anyone has installed any kind of CB communications on their 2017 Street Glide Special, and if they have any recommendations?
I have installed a CB on my 2014 SG, I did it because I am in the leadership of the RFTW ( https://www.rftw.us/) this year, I also have an UClear ( https://ucleardigital.com/) communication system, I have over $1,100 into the harley CB system. CB,Lighted controls, headset, console, antenna, etc.
I am very happy with my UClear it has just as much range, I can swap it to a different helmet, I can hook up to 10 riders with it, I can answer my phone on it, I can listen to music on it & it only cost around $400 for two units.
This is my opinion. CB's are a thing of the 80's always messing with the squelch on a CB radio.

CB Install Link
https://streetglide.com/showthread.php?924-CB-Install-on-2014-Street-Glide

Last edited:
I installed the following on my 2017 FLHXS and everything works flawlessly:
HD CB unit
HD comms wire 7 pin din plug
HD right side switchpack with PTT button
J&M Hidden CB antenna

all parts are plug and play, and it's all neatly tucked into the fairing and uses stock, built in buttons/switches.No more aftermarket units with wires hanging all over and getting caught in everything. It is a couple hundred more than using a portable CB, but the ease and neatness was worth it for me.

I'm a road captain in my local HOG chapter, and comms are mandatory.
You can pick everything up on Boardtrackerhd.com for 20% off, except for the antenna. I got that from J&M's website for about $80

HD CB unit
J&M Hidden CB antenna

all parts are plug and play, and it's all neatly tucked into the fairing and uses stock, built in buttons/switches.No more aftermarket units with wires hanging all over and getting caught in everything. It is a couple hundred more than using a portable CB, but the ease and neatness was worth it for me.

You can pick everything up on Boardtrackerhd.com for 20% off, except for the antenna. I got that from J&M's website for about $80

I couldn't get my J&M CB hidden antenna to work farther than about 50 yards, I installed it series with my Harley antenna, good range now. I also bought all of the Harley stuff from Boardtracker.

HD CB unit
J&M Hidden CB antenna

Would you happen to know the part numbers on those parts?

communication

Check out this link

http://www.delta-it.net/2014CB.pdf

CB ModuleHD #76000486

CB Antenna HD #76410-09 (youwillnotusethemountfromthiskit)

Communications Cable HD#69200865

Lighted hand controls HD#71500248

The only difference in my setup was I did not need to flash my radio, and I did not purchase a lighted switch pack. I picked up a non lighted switch pack to match the one on the left side. Also, I used the J&M hidden cb antenna. Aside from that, that is exactly what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith