Cpo 2018 today

HOTWAX22

Apr 11, 2022
Purchased a certified pre owned 2018 FLHXS today! Dealership took in my 2008 FLHX. So stoked! It has 4,600 miles & showroom condition, 2 into pipes, ape hangers, Air filter. I will share more later. .

Attachments

• photo13528.jpg
    photo13528.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo13529.jpg
    photo13529.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo13530.jpg
    photo13530.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BillyBob
I like the bike congrats. A big fan of 2 into exhaust as it provides great low end torque. FYI make sure you have a rain sock to go over the exposed air filter in you saddlebag this way if you you get stuck ridding in ran you can put sock of filter or filter element will get saturated with water and bike will bog down. Another item to keep an eye on is fluid transfer from transmission to the primary, this was an issue on the early M8 touring models with Hydraulic clutches. Primary would create a vacuum and draw transmission fluid through the transmission main shaft thus when you check transmission fluid it will be between full and empty on dip stick and the primary will be over serviced. Harley had a mod kit to address this issue. They remove outer primary attach a template, drill a hole on rear inner primary and attach a molded rubber hose this vents the primary and stops the oil migration from the transmission to the primary. Just providing info in case you encounter the above issue. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

Reactions: BillyBob
I would like to suggest that you also consider an external breather and a vented dipstick as I have done here see below:

ext breather catch-can and vented dipstick.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit