Cruise and gear indicator went out @ 1300 miles.

Batgirl

Aug 12, 2014
Just installed a new Clearview windshield and on first ride, lost cruise control and gear indicator. All other modules on left side work fine. Did I hit something in the fairing to cause it? Love the windshield, by the way.

You must have that would be the only way that would happen. Probably just knock a wire loose.

Think it was loose to begin with and you finished the job adding the windshield

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All OK. Dealer found sticky clutch, sprayed with dry silicone and the ride home was cruise all the way. Glad it was an easy fix. Guess the gear indicator won't show when clutch engaged, nor will cruise be allowed to set. Though clutch didn't seem engaged, shifting was normal, it didn't release totally.

Yes glad it was easy resolution. Yes the gear indicator does not show when clutch is engaged, but cruise will also disengage when the brake or clutch are engaged, safety measures, just like a car.

Having the same issue. Second time at the dealer. First time they said it was OK but was not!
Did you have the problem again, Batgirl, or was it really solved?

if it is a 2014 there is a clutch recall you need to have checked out if you have not already done so.

if it is a 2014 there is a clutch recall you need to have checked out if you have not already done so.
I've already done the clutch recall. Actually, the issue began after the first oil change (1000 miles - 16000 Km).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luckydevill