Curved License Plate Frame "install"

Bstreetglide

Jul 31, 2014
Can anyone tell me how to get the stock plate holder off and a curved license plate on? Looks to have two screws BUT!!! they are so close to the back finder. I see some some of y'all have them on, need some info PLease

There are nuts behind the fender. They are a pain to do but the end result is worth it.

box end wrench and a lot of patients/knuckle scraping. If you have a ratchet box end wrench it will make it easier but yea its the 2 bolts inside the fender

I think a good cold one before tackling any small project in the garage is a good idea. It usually takes the pain away from all the knuckle scratching.

wildchld do you remember what size are those metric or reg ? I do not have a set of ratchet end wrench's but I can get some. I have a very small socket set that might work.
box end wrench and a lot of patients/knuckle scraping. If you have a ratchet box end wrench it will make it easier but yea its the 2 bolts inside the fender

They are metric. It was either a 10mm or a 12mm I don't remember witch. I will check in min.

Sent from the mobile leash

Well I used the 1/4 inch drive socket to take it off a little chore got it started back together can't do it. Going after a air ratchet in the morning much easier.
If I remember right it was a BITCH to get the bolts lined up because of the curvature of the fender & trying to hold the license plate without scratching the fender. Be careful & get the bolts started before you but the air ratchet to it.

It's getting it bolted back tight up to the fender I can't seemed to my big hands up to get a good bite on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well don't I feel like a retread. Sorry for giving bad information. When I took mine off I started thinking it was metric and forgot I ended up getting the standard socket.

I had metric & standard and socket tools, But I didn't have any of the box end ratchet wrenches. That's the one that worked best for this job also should have lifted the bike up off the floor so the back tire would have drop down some to give me more room to work but job done..
Well don't I feel like a retread. Sorry for giving bad information. When I took mine off I started thinking it was metric and forgot I ended up getting the standard socket.

Yea this is a must

lifted the bike up off the floor so the back tire would have drop down some to give me more room to work but job done

This is a useful thread, I've been considering the curved frame for my plate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90