Custom Auxiliary Forward Lighting Kit

quickster47

Feb 13, 2012
Ever since I sold my Heritage I've missed having the driving lights on my Street Glide so I finally decided to do something about it. I gathered up all the part numbers of the pieces parts I need and took that list down to my local dealer in Cookeville, TN. Not every piece was in stock so I won't be able to finish it till the missing pieces show up probably next week. Below is the list of parts I'm using for this addition.

I will also be modding my set up so the driving lights are on with either the low or high beam. I also plan on installing Truck-Lite's new version 7 LED lights when they become available.

68348-05 Auxiliary Lamp - Clear Lens with Vertical Reflector Optics
69818-06 Custom Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit
69732-05 Visor Style Trim Ring Collection - Passing Lamp
69749-05 Visor Style Trim Ring Collection - Turn Signals
69733-05 Visor Style Trim Ring Collection - Headlamp

I only have the before picture right now but will add the after one later.

Carl

CAFLK.jpg

Last edited:
One of the best upgrades I did to my FLHX - have same set-up & it's a fun little project. Only advice I can offer is to read/re-read the directions (pretty cryptic) & getting the right crimping tool helps w/the duetsch connectors. Good luck & enjoy working on the scoot!!!

Finished the install yesterday and then took it out for a late night ride to see the difference. Much better visibility but now I need to go back and fix it so they can also be run with the high beam.

Will either use the new HD part 69200441 or do my own wiring work. Must admit I like the plug and play in this case cause it simplifies things.

Carl

Spot Lights.jpg

Out on my 200 mile ride I did yesterday I stopped and picked up the new HD cable, 69200441, and installed it last night in 15 minutes. Man is it good to be able to run the spots in either low or high beam.

Carl

lightsjpeg.jpghad to add them to my SG last summer after a nerve racking ride to camp at night. going to add the power option so they stay on all the time. bikes in shop having motor work done and i'll pick up the HD harness when i pick the bike up.

I went the unconventional route. I'm running a set of Kuryakyn black driving lights with turn signals on the fairing and have a set of Moto lights on the forks down at the brake calipers.

Attachments

• iPhone Pictures 469.jpg
    iPhone Pictures 469.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
  • iPhone Pictures 470.jpg
    iPhone Pictures 470.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The first two things I added were the passing lamp kit and heated grips. What windshield do you have Quickster? How do you like it? I think I have the same W/S pouch as you and am looking to retire my old Memphis shade but want to keep the pouch set up

Last edited:
I went the unconventional route. I'm running a set of Kuryakyn black driving lights with turn signals on the fairing and have a set of Moto lights on the forks down at the brake calipers.

how difficult was the wiring of the Kuryakyn lights, did you have to re-wire the turn signals or did it plug right in to the factory conections?

You unplug factory signals and plug in new signals. Took me longer to get the lights positioned and lined up like I wanted them than it did for the install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469