Daytona Helmets

rollenrock

Jul 4, 2014
Daytona half helmets have three different shell sizes. I have a freakishly small head (6 3/4) and always feel like I'm a weeble wobble. With the Daytona helmet, I don't feel as if my head is being pulled off at high speeds. There isn't a lot of padding taking up space, and it fits very comfortably. The strap has no padding, and is narrow so quick release adapters slip off easily. Otherwise, there are no complaints. Highly recommend for ladies or kids.

I have a Daytona full face helmet that I've had for a good while and highly recommend this brand too , it's very affordable, light and great quality

I have $400+ helmets that I wear but i mostly wear the Daytona

Last edited:
I need a new lid. The one I currently have hurts my Mellon after about a half hour to the point I have to stop. I want a modular helmet. HJC has a carbon fiber modular lid. Have been eyeballing.

Sent from the mobile leash

I have a HJC modular that I wear most of the time if I'm in heavy traffic. Have a dark screen for bright day light and a clear one for night riding only takes 2 minutes to change them out. Also have a half helmet from Harley I had to buy to get my bike home pretty comfy to just knock around with sometimes.

The salesman I talked to last week tried to talk me into a Shoei. I tried it on and it was very comfortable for the 2 min I had it on.

Sent from the mobile leash

Just got my wife a Bell Pit Boss kinda nice seeing every helmet fits differently it has an adjustment like a hard hat. All helmets should have this for a perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the Vega carbon fiber half helmet and my HD 3/4 skid lid. ;)

My thoughts on helmets are this. Dot and snell approved only. It's your head.I've seen guys put thousands of dollars in chrome for their scooters but complain about $350.00 for a helmet.

Lately I've heard several people talk about the akoury ak1. It looks like a great option for a half helmet. Great strap, low profile, etc.
For those that have one, did you order it online, or did you find it in a brick-mortar store? Thanks.

I have the AK-88 and i wont wear anything else! I ordered mine off of their website and it shipped for around $120 ish from Montreal or somewhere. The quick disconnect is soo sweet but the placement of the latch bugs me a little right under the chin. I have atleast 10 helmets and it's my "go to". I did find mine on the big side too, so when I order again I am sizing down.....

Lately I've heard several people talk about the akoury ak1. It looks like a great option for a half helmet. Great strap, low profile, etc.
For those that have one, did you order it online, or did you find it in a brick-mortar store? Thanks.

I have the AK-88 and i wont wear anything else! I ordered mine off of their website and it shipped for around $120 ish from Montreal or somewhere. The quick disconnect is soo sweet but the placement of the latch bugs me a little right under the chin. I have atleast 10 helmets and it's my "go to". I did find mine on the big side too, so when I order again I am sizing down.....

Ah- so that is why they charge $25 for shipping.
I normally wear a full face modular helmet, except for my two mile rides to work. I've heard good things recently, so I'm curious to check out their helmet.
What is your hat size and what size helmet do you have? I saw a review from a guy that said their large helmet seemed to run small.

I wear a 7 1/4 fitted hat and I bought a medium, and I wish I bought a small. I can't endorse these helmets enough and every person I ride with is jealous of the helmet but don't want to spend the cash without trying one their size. I have a small head for a 6' 230lb guy so none of my fat friends can even fit mine on their extremely large heads, lol!

Ah- so that is why they charge $25 for shipping.
I normally wear a full face modular helmet, except for my two mile rides to work. I've heard good things recently, so I'm curious to check out their helmet.
What is your hat size and what size helmet do you have? I saw a review from a guy that said their large helmet seemed to run small.

My Army nephew was over, trying to give me one of his special forces helmets to ride the bike with. Said the guys on base with bikes would just use those and night vision googles to ride at night. HA.. I tried one.. they ain't comfortable.. but those suckers are hard as a rock.

My Army nephew was over, trying to give me one of his special forces helmets to ride the bike with. Said the guys on base with bikes would just use those and night vision googles to ride at night. HA.. I tried one.. they ain't comfortable.. but those suckers are hard as a rock.
He can give me one I'd wear it with pride. Lol

I bought a German helmet from Daytona and I had to go with 4XL and I still have to trim the foam inside to fit my melon inside that helmet. It still won't fit me right, it looks as I have a bowl (upside down) on my head...good thing I did not pay much for it....ugh!

Shoei is the only helmet that fits me perfect. I have such a large melon 3XL and kind of square head, I have the hardest time finding the right fit. I tried HJC, Gmax, Bilt, Scorpion and none of them fit right, I get headache after wearing them for 5 minutes. When I went to CycleGear to get a helmet we tried almost the brands and Shoei is the only one that fits me and I was able to fit into 2XL. When the sales guy brought it to me and told me it was 2XL and said it'll fit me I told him good luck and bring a cutter just in case it'll not come off if I force my head to go in.....he laugh. I forced my head in and WOW.....it fits without any pinch or pressure. Then I was thinking now how do I get it off.....pull both straps and it came off. I did not care what the price tag was I bought it. I love that helmet, the only one that fits me perfect. I will buy another one if I am ready for one. Shoei XL1100 2XL Flat black

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory