Death Wobble

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
My bike recently started the dreaded wobble just out of the blue. Went on line and Googled it. One of the primary causes was tire pressure. Sure enough I checked mine and it was 33 lbs. I just topped them off back in August. I put the front at 42lb and the back at 40lb. Problem solved. With air temps changing, check yours soon !:cool:

My bike recently started the dreaded wobble just out of the blue. Went on line and Googled it. One of the primary causes was tire pressure. Sure enough I checked mine and it was 33 lbs. I just topped them off back in August. I put the front at 42lb and the back at 40lb. Problem solved. With air temps changing, check yours soon !:cool:
The 2016 manual calls for 36/40 psi with stock 19/16 in wheels. That's what I run my tire pressures at.

Mojo just curious, why do you run such hi pressure in the front tire?

Timely advice for everyone who topped off their tire pressure on a hot 90 degree day this summer. For those of us up north the psi will drop a little in cooler weather.

The 2016 manual calls for 36/40 psi with stock 19/16 in wheels. That's what I run my tire pressures at.

Mojo just curious, why do you run such hi pressure in the front tire?

I've always run a couple more lbs than recommended due to +/- error in air gauges. Rather be a bit hi than a bit low.

I've always run a couple more lbs than recommended due to +/- error in air gauges. Rather be a bit hi than a bit low.
I use a Griot's garage tire inflating gun. I don't remember where I saw it a few years ago that the accuracy was very good when tested against an analog master gauge.

90ed5cc4d4e2b56213cd5134c4efad9e.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469