Deutsch HDT-48-00 Crimp tool

JU2017FLHXS

Mar 9, 2019
I need to attach the Deutsch Crimps on to the wiring harness for the detachable luggage rack light kit I bought.

pVMHwgvzTF6n+FPjIvXGWA.jpg

Is this the tool to make that crimp?

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for your input.

I don’t think you need a crimp tool for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harley part number is
HD-42879 IMG_1159.jpgIMG_1160.jpg. I have attached photos. There is also a Packard Terminal Crimper part number HD-38125-7. I found both in my 2015 Electrical Diagnostic Manual HD-99497-15 I found both in section A on pages 25-27. I’m sure that you could check the manual for your year. Section A of the Electrical Diagnostic Manual covers the different tools and pins used on the connectors.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I probably didn’t answer your question regarding the crimping tool. I can’t find any additional information in the on line catalog for parts and accessories talking about special tools needed. It does look like the correct tool for the air wing lighting kit that I was able to find not sure if it’s what you have. Hope this helps. Personally I would prefer to crimp wires used in connectors especially if you have to remove them later.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77