Distress Signal

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
This is supposed to be an International signal of a Rider in Distress and they could use a hand. But, how many people know about it :confused:
intldistress.jpg

First I'm hearing about it. Then again, I haven't really been riding for nearly as long.

I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled while I'm out on the road though.

Sent from my phone.

It's been around as long as I have been on a bike. Over 40 years. But now with cell phones it is quicker to just call someone for help.

1st I heard of it. Yesterday there was a guy on the side of the road...I was about to pull over to see if he needed help but then he started pulling away.

Dang, that's a tough nut when you live in a state that does not require a helmet though.

I hear you brother! Everyone going by just thinks you turned around to pick up your ball cap that blew off! Might have to start carrying my helmet when I ride (if I can find it)

Great info.... but I too never heard of it....hmm

Sent from my Note4 using Tapatalk

Well add that one to the list of things to remember. I always stop if they are along side of the road and not in a pull out.

Never heard that one,, and I have never seen anyone do that. Learn something new everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well add that one to the list of things to remember. I always stop if they are along side of the road and not in a pull out.

I usually stop too especially if it's a fellow Harley rider. I've yet to have to help someone. The last guy had a Sportster and ran out of gas. He had already called a buddy to bring him some but I stuck around until he showed up as it was late at night. I figured a little more light on the side of the road wouldn't be a bad idea while he was waiting.

I heard the story of a biker broke down on the side of the road. A pickup with several guys asked if the biker needed help. They helped load the bike in the back of the truck and drove off, leaving the biker on the side of the road.

I heard the story of a biker broke down on the side of the road. A pickup with several guys asked if the biker needed help. They helped load the bike in the back of the truck and drove off, leaving the biker on the side of the road.

Dang, that sucks....

Bones,
A similar story, biker from my town was running alone across the middle of SD on the way to Sturgis. He stopped to tighten his mirror and was approached by several of the locals who had stopped their pickup offering to help. They would not take NO for an answer until he brandished his weapon at which time they retreated. He immediately notified authorities who then met him in the next town and took a statement. The patrol reinsured him he had made the correct decision and no charges were filed.
Moral or story; it pays to pack a rod

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469