EPA had us in their sights.

Not thinking they will bother me anytime soon. You only have smog check your vehicles in the big city areas Reno and Vegas. Out in the rural areas it's not even talked about.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling BS on Harley's "competition only" defense. Did they really think that 340,000 units were sold only to competition bikes? When installing them at their dealerships, were all these bikes trailered off the premises? Highly doubtful. Where exactly are all these competitions happening?

Of course, I do believe their stance that all of these upgrades void your warranty, because, of course, why wouldn't they want your warranty to become invalidated? "Oh, you had us upgrade your ECU? Now you have any sort of problem not even related to the upgrade? Sorry, you're not covered, your warranty is void..."

That being said, I put in a Power Commander...I'll take my chances. I only use it on the track though, when I'm in fierce competition with all the other guys :rolleyes:

Not thinking they will bother me anytime soon. You only have smog check your vehicles in the big city areas Reno and Vegas. Out in the rural areas it's not even talked about.

They will bother you. Look up EPA vs Edge or EPA vs H&S. They are coming for us. The aftermarket is next in line.

Sent from the mobile leash

They will bother you. Look up EPA vs Edge or EPA vs H&S. They are coming for us. The aftermarket is next in line.

I'm to the point I hate every damn thing the government does. They add zero value and just make life f'in miserable. Plain and simple. Dem or Rep, they are all the same. We need much less government in our lives.

Bluebowtie, This started about ten years ago, Harley was given a timetable to adapt their products to meet EPA guidelines. The water cooled bikes are just the beginning, water cooled exhaust valves etc. Do a search EPA vs. Harley-Davidson. I vaguely remember the court rulings , Harley gave the EPA a time frame in exchange for making their products(motorcycles) environmentally friendly or be fined a large amount at that time. The government will be sodomizing your bike just like they do the cars, shove some pipe up the rear and check the emissions! Just the ramblings of an ole Geezer.

The EPA is coming after your weed-eaters and lawnmowers next. They've been trying that in California for years....

The EPA is coming after your weed-eaters and lawnmowers next. They've been trying that in California for years....

They already are regulating small engines. I put a new engine on my John Deere commercial mower it had a C.A.R.B sticker on the float bowl. Damn thing was so lean the muffler was glowing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067