External Breather System

Sandwiz

Jan 14, 2020
Hello all,

Just thought I would ask!

What do you guys think about doing an External Breather System on the 2014 street glide or any for that matter?

I am looking at the DK Customs catch can solution for mine.

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/pr...ystem-for-harley-twin-cam-dk-pr-cc-brt-tc.htm

I will only be doing the catch can and the rest will be of my own custom design but its the idea!

What do you think,

Worth it
or
A total wast of time and money to defeat the EPA BS!

I swear by them! had one on 2016 Wide Glide, now have one on 2016 SGS, I bought two 1/8" NPT to 1/4" barb fittings, some fuel line and ran it down the frame where it terminates where the frame ends. I have had no issues venting to atmosphere, no mess on the bike and only occasional an drip when parked. There is just no room to mount a catch can where it will look good imo

I recently installed an EBS with a DKCustom catch can along with chrome fittings, SS Braided Hose and Chrome hose clamps. I like it, no mess as long as you empty the can often. Between all the moisture and oil it needs to be emptied. I mounted mine on the left side of my bike being held in place with a clamp and a quick release bracket similar to a bicycle seat adjuster or wheel release for bicycle tires. I can release the clamp by hand unscrew the can and dump it and reinstall without any tools in under 30 seconds.

With all the Harley's I've ever had, I've had no need for a catch can. For me- it's not money well spent.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joeglide16