Factory 47 Assault Bars..

Helomech74

Jun 17, 2016
Has anyone here installed a set of 12" Factory 47 Assault bars on a 14+ Street Glide? I'm looking at doing a set in Black, but can't find any pictures of how the bars sit on the bike for 12". I've seen 10's, 14's and 18's which are none of the ones I'm looking for of course, hahaha. Not a lot of info out there about these bars on Street Glides, I see a lot of guys running the bars on Road Glides and they seem to love them. Any input and or pictures would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get my order in so they can be at the house when I return from deployment, looks like they are taking roughly 6 weeks or so to build.

Yes, I'm also interested in these bars in chrome ..... and ..... any information regarding new cables and what are the better cable alternatives and where to purchase them ....

Damn $430, and 20 days before shipment, do they atleast send someone over to give you a happy ending after the install atleast?

They are nice looking bars, and seem very well thought out with the size step up.

why do manufacturers still refer to the 14+ with "cables" and its not the wiring they seem to be referring to, and does anyone offer off the shelf hoses besides harley?

Last edited:
I think 430 bucks and 20 days is a good deal for custom made bars. Had a buddy that ordered Yaffe MBB's and waited almost 5 months to get them. I just want to see what these Assault bars look like from the front and rear in a 12" size. I don't care if they need wire extensions or hydraulic line extensions, I'll buy them if needed as I'm not relying on them to fit using stock wiring and such, if they do fit great, if not then no big deal. Although, looking at them, the 12" size appear to be about the same as the 10" Yaffe bars, just wider. I'm just going to order them, I like the look and from what I've read on the Road Glide forums, the fit and finish of the Factory 47 (Bulky Bars) are great.

Damn $430, and 20 days before shipment, do they atleast send someone over to give you a happy ending after the install atleast?

They are nice looking bars, and seem very well thought out with the size step up.

why do manufacturers still refer to the 14+ with "cables" and its not the wiring they seem to be referring to, and does anyone offer off the shelf hoses besides harley?

I don't know of any off the shelf hoses, but I have a local place that will make whatever I want. Just bring in the hose that needs to be longer, pick my color and they will manufacture and pressure check them.

Call F47.... they should tell you what you need.... and $430 plus 20 days is a deal I would jump on... I have F47 14" Malos.... waited 6 weeks and $450 and change....

F47 is a small shop that has been hit with the BOOM of folks wanting there bars now..... 14 hour days and 6-7 days a week to keep up is not uncommon for them these days.

Helomech74 once you get your bars in and on, take some photos. I'm gonna get their bar, but just waiting till winter

Helomech74 once you get your bars in and on, take some photos. I'm gonna get their bar, but just waiting till winter

Will do, but it won't be until September/October since I'm currently deployed, but this is going to be first on my list when I get home (along with an engine build, hahaha).

Will do, but it won't be until September/October since I'm currently deployed, but this is going to be first on my list when I get home (along with an engine build, hahaha).

Sounds good, I'll be starting my front end build in December. That gives you time to get back home safely, and get your bars installed.

By your user name, I can tell your a Helo-mechanic. But what branch of service, and Thank You for your service, I served for 10yrs in the Army Infantry.

Sounds good, I'll be starting my front end build in December. That gives you time to get back home safely, and get your bars installed.

By your user name, I can tell your a Helo-mechanic. But what branch of service, and Thank You for your service, I served for 10yrs in the Army Infantry.

Just placed the order, so if all goes well they should be at the house in a month or less. Ordered some NAMZ 12" extensions, so should have more then enough wire and I'll just attempt to readjust the hydraulic lines. If that doesn't work, I'll just have my local place make some new lines.

I started off doing 3 years in Infantry (11C) and then switched over to a 93B (Aeroscout Observer) until that MOS was phased out, then moved into 67U (CH-47 Helicopter Crew Chief) and finished with 12 years active service. Now I'm a DOD Civilian working in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

5341de126f225bcd3f7c9c53ef75d4d8.jpg

aef53875cd33d7a64b81f91987548c1d.jpg

I hope this works, first time. It was an easy installation.

5341de126f225bcd3f7c9c53ef75d4d8.jpg

aef53875cd33d7a64b81f91987548c1d.jpg

I hope this works, first time. It was an easy installation.

Are those 12"? What length wire extensions did you use and did you need to have longer brake and clutch lines made, if so how much longer? They look good, can't wait to get mine installed.

Yep, used 12" Namz, and I lengthen TBW and heated grips. Hydraulic cables are stock. Reroute the cluch cable the most direct way you can and crack and reposition the cable at the master cylinder. I found these at my local HD dealer in Stock, might want to check.

Yep, used 12" Namz, and I lengthen TBW and heated grips. Hydraulic cables are stock. Reroute the cluch cable the most direct way you can and crack and reposition the cable at the master cylinder. I found these at my local HD dealer in Stock, might want to check.

Thanks for the info. I ordered the same length extensions and I'll fuss around with the hydraulic lines to get them to fit. I might just replace them with some black with black ends to blend in with the rest of the black on the bike. I already ordered the bars and since I'm deployed, I'm not in a rush to get them. I spoke with the guys at F47 and they said 3-4 weeks on average right now for gloss black powder coat which is perfect for me.

Hey Brick, can you get a side view? And since they are wider than a lot of the bars out there, do they feel good or a little too wide? But I think they would be great for me, I have broad shoulders, from shoulder to shoulder I'm 26" wide

Yes. They are 1" at the bottom and step to 1.5" after the bend.
I do know that on Torch Industries 1.5" bars, the inner faring and ignition bezel has to be clearance to fit properly... not a bunch, but in order for the inner and bezel to line up, I had to take some off with a Dremel on TomA's 14SGS. Couldn't line up the bolts without doing so.

Did you have to clearance on yours?

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

I do know that on Torch Industries 1.5" bars, the inner faring and ignition bezel has to be clearance to fit properly... not a bunch, but in order for the inner and bezel to line up, I had to take some off with a Dremel on TomA's 14SGS. Couldn't line up the bolts without doing so.

Did you have to clearance on yours?

I just ordered them, so not installed yet. I spoke with them prior to the order and they stated that because the bottom of the bar is 1" and steps to 1.5" after it clears the bezel, there will be no need to clearance anything. This is the main reason I ordered these as opposed to the Vindikta bars which are 1.5" all the way around.

Last edited:
It's not the step at the riser.. it's the 1.5" after that before it bends up... you'll see... all clearancing cannot be seen when assembled, so don't sweat it... it's easy to do and again... unseen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469