Factory Windshield Removal

OK so you guys made me look at mine I just installed an 8" LRS about a month ago. There is a ever so slight bow between the center mounting screw and the left and right mounting screws, I would have never noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. And I can't say if it was there or not with the factory windshield.

Okay, so here's the thing. When I installed my windsplitter, I tightened the center screw first, then pushed the buckle on both sides as I then tightened the end screws. It looks better, not as buckled. I really wish I had seen it before I removed the original.
Knowing me??? I would have seen that buckling with the OEM windshield if it were there. Trust me! I'm just sayin'..... Ride safe.

I had this also after replacing my stock windscreen with the Klock Werks 6.5 shield. I then installed an Arlen Ness windshield trim piece and almost all of the "bow" between the windscreen and fairing went away.

Was at my dealer and looked at the new and used bikes. Seems the 2014 and newer with the new style fairing have this bow unless a trim piece is installed which seems to help reduce the arc. None of the 2013 and older bikes had this problem that I could see but it appeared that the pre 14 fairing material is thicker in that area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith