Fairing mirror holes

Gunner

Jul 13, 2014
Has anyone found plugs to fit the holes after removing the mirrors on a 2014 ?

I looked at those but I have been told that the 2014 holes are larger. When I pull the mirrors I will mic the hole size.

Check at you dealer I had my dealer take off my fairing mirrors when they installed my ymb and they put plugs in the holes

I read awhile ago that you can get plugs at lowes or home depot, i can't remember which one but they're cheaper then the harley plugs like i have.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Sorry it wont let me attach a pic, but did you ever think of putting a component or tweeter in to cover the hole? It would be a dual purpose. Hole is covered and clean looking and it will help in hearing your radio.

plug.jpg

Last edited:
I think I might use a decorative brake caliper insert. They are self adhesive and about 1.3-1.7" in diameter. Or I might just make something and glue there. Maybe a poker chip or some type of medallion.

Solex posted a pic of what I did ( that's my bike.. lol ) they are push plugs... 1" diameter to cover both holes left behind... held on with washer and 5/16 nut.

images

homesickmarine- that is cool, my tweeters are built into my J&M speakers already.

My buddy installed st25 horn speakers in his fairing mirror holes when he installed his new bars. He has the loudest setup I've heard in person.

Harley makes plugs with their logo for $10. Can be found at lower prices online. You're paying for the logo, I know but I like them and with the Boom II upgrade I did I already have tweeters, but I do like that idea too.Part # 57300063.

I think 10 bucks for plugs is the least overpriced thing Harley offers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469