Finally found a GREAT Dual Flag Mount!!!

Spazz

Administrator
Feb 22, 2014
So... I have been searching for a LONG time for the perfect flag mount that I NEVER have to take off.. for whatever reason.

I FOUND IT!!!!

RIVCO FH500 Dual Flag Mount $59.95 ( Specifically for 2010 thru present Street and Road Glides )

20160601_152816.jpg

Just remove your rear lighting from the fender, and replace the factory plate mount with it...

20160601_154952.jpg

20160601_160413.jpg

20160601_160603.jpg

Now as for Flag Etiquette...The US Flag is on the right...the marching right... so it is supposed to be on the right side.. not the left.... so it's now fixed

What you see above is incorrect and has been rectified

Good job! I wanted mine lower.. even looked at fabbing a mount under the bag... but then found this...

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

That looks like you mounted through the antenna holes- can you share more on what you did?
uploadfromtaptalk1464896130754.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464896138945.jpg
Yes I did, I took some flat steel cut it to fit and bent it at a 90 degree angle welded a 19 inch long piece 3/4 round tubing to the upper part of the flat steel drilled a hole in the lower part of the flat steel painted it black then removed one of the bolts that holds the rear of the bag support bought 2 longer bolts and nuts as the stock one is not long enough slid the tube up through the antenna hole and bolted it on. The upper part of the flat steel not only provides a platform to weld the tube on but keeps it stable as I only used 1 bolt per side but it's very sturdy. The flags I bought have a shaft made of molded injection plastic and are the type that you attach to your car window so I cut off the part that clips to the window and rounded the shaft with an angle grinder so it fits in the steel tube and the flags are nylon so they are durable and will last, I tested them at 90 mph on the freeway..lol
I made the tubes 19 inches long as I wanted the top of the flags at the top of the sissy bar although that backfired last year when my girlfriend swung her leg over and snapped one of the flags in half but now she gets on first in my seat then slides back then I get on so we don't have that happen again.
Also you will have to remove the antenna mount on the left side, I took off my antenna removed the mount and zip tied it out of the way.
A little long winded but think I covered it all

Well I guess that's a little better, and I know it's sloppy welding but hey it holds and when you put the bag on you can't see it

I will be doing a whole new design for next year so I can mount 3 flags and will post that design when the time comes

So... I have been searching for a LONG time for the perfect flag mount that I NEVER have to take off.. for whatever reason.

I FOUND IT!!!!

RIVCO FH500 Dual Flag Mount $59.95 ( Specifically for 2010 thru present Street and Road Glides )

20160601_152816.jpg

Just remove your rear lighting from the fender, and replace the factory plate mount with it...

20160601_154952.jpg

20160601_160413.jpg

20160601_160603.jpg

Now as for Flag Etiquette...The US Flag is on the right...the marching right... so it is supposed to be on the right side.. not the left.... so it's now fixed

What you see above is incorrect and has been rectified

Looks good and I'm about to order me one. Any concern on whether the flags will cover brake/turn signals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107