First thoughts. New Legends Suspension

Lammas

Jan 10, 2018
So I spent a bunch of money on a set of Legends Axeos and some REVO A's for my '14 SGS and I'm here to say that it was well worth every penny. Legends build quality and attention to detail exceeded my expectations giving me confidence in their parts and satisfying the engineer in me. These things are pretty and they're well made right here in the good ole USofA and they're backed by a lifetime warranty. I did the install myself which was easy and went off without a hitch but even if I had paid to have it done I'd still be saying it was worth every cent. I haven't put down a whole lot of miles yet, maybe around 50 or 60 but in this short time I can definitely say my ride has a whole new feel to it. I still feel little stuff up front going slow but when I go over big bumps or pot holes this suspension just soaks em up like they're not even there. No more cringing when you turn down that crappy old county road you gotta take to get to work or to your buddies house. I like being able to adjust the rebound on the REVO A's, it makes dialing them in a fairly painless process. Handling wise, the bike feels much more solid going into and coming out of turns, and when I brake the front end doesn't dive on me anymore. People say it's like riding on rails, I'm beginning to believe. I feel like my suspension is now working in concert instead of being two separate entities competing against one another. I love my SGS but I spent all of last year thinking that for the money I spent, my touring bike shouldn't feel like my bar hopper on bumpy roads and handle like a M1A1 Abrams. Problem solved. Big time. Legends are a bit spendy but if you want your touring bike to ride like you always imagined it should, this is one company that can make that happen for you. Big props to Lindsey @ IronAces Speed Shop for saving me a bunch of money on my parts. If you're in the market and this is what you decide to do, do yourself a favor and call IronAces for your parts. Support local. Save money. Buy American. Win. Win. Win.

Last edited:
Glad you switched and share your experience with everyone here.....I am getting my rear swapped out next month and can't wait but the front AXEO comparing to OEM is like day & night. I highly recommend to everyone looking to do more riding on our expensive touring bikes and not just bar hopper like you mentioned. Legend is expensive, but not much more than the other brands and they work outstanding so like everything in life, pay a little more and you have the best. I am glad I went with Legend and can't wait to swap the rears out soon.

So I spent a bunch of money on a set of Legends Axeos and some REVO A's for my '14 SGS and I'm here to say that it was well worth every penny.........

I love my SGS but I spent all of last year thinking that for the money I spent, my touring bike shouldn't feel like my bar hopper on bumpy roads and handle like a M1A1 Abrams. Problem solved. Big time. Legends are a bit spendy but if you want your touring bike to ride like you always imagined it should, this is one company that can make that happen for you. Big props to Lindsey @ IronAces Speed Shop for saving me a bunch of money on my parts. If you're in the market and this is what you decide to do, do yourself a favor and call IronAces for your parts. Support local. Save money. Buy American. Win. Win. Win.

SUPER excited to hear you are happy with your purchase. Thanks so much for the props, we were glad to help turn your "bar hopper" back into a lean, mean "touring" machine! ;0)

I put a set of REVO A's for my '14 SG last July, I love them. Like Lammas said no more cringing when you run down a crappy road. I ordered the Axeos for the front from Lindsey @ IronAces Speed last Friday & they were shipped out today. Can't wait to get them on my bike. I plan on installing them myself.

I just installed Legends axeo fork cartridges and revo a's after reading the reviews from this site. Picked them up from Lindsey at Iron Aces. Great Service.
Easy Install. Did not need to seperate forks since I had stock suspension and the retainer cups are already in the forks. Can't wait for a long day to check them out. Our roads are excellent around Atlanta ( Gwinnett County) so I can't comment on performance yet.

I just installed Legends axeo fork cartridges and revo a's after reading the reviews from this site. Picked them up from Lindsey at Iron Aces. Great Service.
Easy Install. Did not need to seperate forks since I had stock suspension and the retainer cups are already in the forks. Can't wait for a long day to check them out. Our roads are excellent around Atlanta ( Gwinnett County) so I can't comment on performance yet.

I put a set of REVO A's for my '14 SG last July, I love them. Like Lammas said no more cringing when you run down a crappy road. I ordered the Axeos for the front from Lindsey @ IronAces Speed last Friday & they were shipped out today. Can't wait to get them on my bike. I plan on installing them myself.

Thanks so much for the shout out...you're gonna love the smoother ride!!

Lindsey :0)

I’ll be checking into this setup soon and give iron aces a shout from just 30 minutes south of there shop. Anyone have photos and part numbers for the rear and front legends, are the tears fully adjustable and keep the bike at stock height.

I now have over 500 miles o the Axeos & they do make cornering much more controllable.

Time for an update.
I've got about 700 miles on this suspension now and I really REALLY love it. Damn bike finally rides like it should have the day I bought it. I've always been a fairly aggressive rider, having this suspension is liberating if you like to twist the wick. I can't wait till it gets good and warm.

I have decided to go with Legends but have some questions.
My bike is a 15 CVO SG looking at 13"revo A in the rear
can you lower the front 1" or should I go standard height

Unless you are having reach issue then 1" lower to the front might be the way to go if not I would stick to standard height. Some of us chose 1" lower on the front because we switched to 21" front wheel......not recommended by Legends for 21" front wheel but for me it looks better so I went that route.

no reach issues for me at 6"1" so you are running 1" lower with a 21 rim do ypou have pictures of your bike setup?
Thanks Frank

no reach issues for me at 6"1" so you are running 1" lower with a 21 rim do ypou have pictures of your bike setup?
Thanks Frank

Here you go.....

attachment.php

I have 13" Revo A's in the back and -1" Axeos up front and when I still had my stock wheels, the only difference it made in terms of handling was it made my steering a lot quicker. The bike wanted to dive into turns easier. It was a bit of an adjustment but in the end, I really liked it. I also dragged my kick stand a lot more while cornering but I'm an aggressive rider so that's to be expected with any lowering. I got to where I really liked how quick and snappy it was so when I put my 21/18" wheels on and the handling went back to feeling more like it did with the stock suspension and wheels, for a day or two, I missed the snappy, quick handling with the stock wheels and dropped front end. As for the 13" rears, after the sag is set, I really couldn't tell any difference at all in terms of how far off the ground I was. I didn't notice that until I put an 18" rear wheel on. I'm 6' tall so reach was never an issue for me, I dropped my front end because I switched to 21 and 18 inch wheels which I couldn't be happier with at this point, but honestly, I loved how it rode with a 13" rear suspension, an inch dropped in the front and the 19/16" OEM wheels. Gotta love Legends.

Last edited:
Dropped my bike off at my indie shop today for a cam job.
Talked to the owner a bit about possibly upgrading my rear shocks to a set of Legends.
The roads around N.E. Iowa really highlight the deficiencies of the stock suspension.
He had a set of front Axeo springs on the wall he said he'd let me have for half price if I wanted to do both.
Unfortunately I have all my money tied up in the cam job at the moment, but it sounds like I'd like them...

Last edited:
Dang, that's quite an offer. I believe I paid about $700.00 for mine and that was after the discount.
Sounds like the roads in NE Ohio and NE Iowa have a lot in common.

Dude, half price I jump on that.....use your credit card...don't let that get away.....man.....that's a deal!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith