FL-Vied-10

Fluffy

Jul 4, 2014
Well I just pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these FL-Vied-10s for my bike today. I have been holding off and was just going to get the V&H fuel pac along with stage 1 A/C and new head pipe. I think these will work just fine for my bike in it's present form all stock with Just SE street cannon slip-ons I have to many other mod's I want to do to the bike first before performance mods and not enough money to do everything I want LOL Hopefully these will help to clear up some of my decel popping and maybe help the bike run a little cooler !

Fluffy- many of us (including myself) started out with this product and were quite pleased with it for the price. Let us know how it goes for you. By the way. usually when you're ready to "step up" to the next level, its pretty easy to sell the FL-Vied.

Just an FYI, I was going to get the SE Street Cannon slip ons. When I talked to the service and parts guys, they told me I did not need anything for just those slip ons, being that they are designed for our street glides. I guess they didn't change enough of how the bike runs to require any tuning change. I ended up going with V&H pipes, so I wasn't able to test the street cannons without a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, I was going to get the SE Street Cannon slip ons. When I talked to the service and parts guys, they told me I did not need anything for just those slip ons, being that they are designed for our street glides. I guess they didn't change enough of how the bike runs to require any tuning change. I ended up going with V&H pipes, so I wasn't able to test the street cannons without a tune.

Not really having any problem's blkbrd with the way the bike run's the SE street cannon's have been on my bike since day one I just know from the factory these bike's are tuned on the lean side and adding the st cannon slip-on's are not helping with that issue. The extra fuel from the Vied's should help the bike run a little cooler and maybe give me a little better throttle response
The next thing I plan to get is a set of those Mid frame air deflectors from Harley we have had several 85 plus days and the heat from the engine is starting to bug me

Last edited:
The next thing I plan to get is a set of those Mid frame air deflectors from Harley we have had several 85 plus days and the heat from the engine is starting to bug me

The mid frame air deflectors work well but the mounting mechanism is really cheesy. When you insert the "special fasteners" do not tighten very much or they strip out. Don't ask how I know. I ended up drilling the deflectors to match existing holes in the frame work and then using cable ties. Actually is very very sturdy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good luck

Blues

Last edited:
Yb

The mid frame air deflectors work well but the mounting mechanism is really cheesy. When you insert the "special fasteners" do not tighten very much or they strip out. Don't ask how I know. I ended up drilling the deflectors to match existing holes in the frame work and then using cable ties. Actually is very very sturdy.
View attachment 6211
View attachment 6212

Blues

So are they worth the money Blues??? I bought a set from Kuryakan and they didn't line up at all... It was one bolt then 3m sticky adhesive and didn't adhere in the right place so i'm out $65 on those and didn't want to buy Harleys if they were the same....

I
So are they worth the money Blues??? I bought a set from Kuryakan and they didn't line up at all... It was one bolt then 3m sticky adhesive and didn't adhere in the right place so i'm out $65 on those and didn't want to buy Harleys if they were the same....

Once installed they work fine. I just did not like the fastening system. There are two bolts to each fastener. Top are bolts and U clips and they work fine holding the deflector in place. It's the bottom compression fasteners that are touchy. Try drilling the Kuryakan deflectors and use cable ties. Actually is very secure. As far as worth the money, IMO they are way overpriced for a couple pieces of plastic but do the job

Blues

Last edited:
Well I got my mid frame air deflectors installed today fairly easy install actually I think they look pretty nice
6c0404165b4459f5480782d08eb916c4.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got my mid frame air deflectors installed today fairly easy install actually I think they look pretty nice
6c0404165b4459f5480782d08eb916c4.jpg

I am looking HD brand of these... but I think I have to add the chrome accent pieces personally... can't ever have too much chrome... lol!!!

I am looking HD brand of these... but I think I have to add the chrome accent pieces personally... can't ever have too much chrome... lol!!!
When I picked these up at the Harley dealership yesterday I had the chrome accent pieces in my hand and was going to get those also. But ended up buying several T shirts and some other non bike parts I had the girlfriend with me go figure :)

YE Haa my FL-Vied-10's came in today super fast delivery got them set and installed. Very easy install I set them at 50% to start with and I did set the rear cyl 1 notch past the 50% mark to give it a little extra fuel as it would tend to run a little hotter because it get's less cooling air flow behind the front cyl
Been doing some reading up on these thing's and nightrider recommends running these with the V&H fuel pac or with the HD stage 1 download as the fuel pac nor the stage 1 download make any change's to closed loop section of the tune. I also plan to order the Fuelmoto stage 1 AC here shortly and run it with just these Vied's

YE Haa my FL-Vied-10's came in today super fast delivery got them set and installed. Very easy install I set them at 50% to start with and I did set the rear cyl 1 notch past the 50% mark to give it a little extra fuel as it would tend to run a little hotter because it get's less cooling air flow behind the front cyl
Been doing some reading up on these thing's and nightrider recommends running these with the V&H fuel pac or with the HD stage 1 download as the fuel pac nor the stage 1 download make any change's to closed loop section of the tune. I also plan to order the Fuelmoto stage 1 AC here shortly and run it with just these Vied's

Fluffy,
You will be pleased with the Fuel Moto high flow intake. I have this on my bike and it's very high quality. After you run your setup for a bit please post your results.

Thanks,

Blues

Well I just pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these FL-Vied-10s for my bike today. I have been holding off and was just going to get the V&H fuel pac along with stage 1 A/C and new head pipe. I think these will work just fine for my bike in it's present form all stock with Just SE street cannon slip-ons I have to many other mod's I want to do to the bike first before performance mods and not enough money to do everything I want LOL Hopefully these will help to clear up some of my decel popping and maybe help the bike run a little cooler !
I just had my vied-10s delivered a few days ago and got a de-catted head pipe at door today. Gonna get new headgaskets in case I need them and looking at slipon muffs and a better flowing air filter. just the element .. Looking forward to see how yours turns out and would you pass along how you set your vied's.. I read a couple different write ups saying to start at 50%.

I have my Vied's set at 50% with the rear cyl set 1 notch richer then the front seems to work pretty good for me the bike feels more responsive to throttle input it also fells like it has a little more low end power I can roll back on the throttle when going into a corner and I don't feel the need to down shift if my rpm drops below 2K when I get back on the throttle to power out of the corner Its nothing major but I can feel the difference the engine like's the extra fuel

I was reading the setting suggestions on FL-VIED's and it looks like if there is a de-cat header and loud mufflers than it should be at 25% setting.. I would think it should be like you said at minimum 50% and check plugs there.. then if necessary go richer towards the 75% setting. I will hopefully get garage time in next 2 weeks so I will read the plugs after that and play with settings.. Right now it is factory stock and plugs at 1100 miles are nearly paper white.
I was just looking at the different FL-VIED sites on a search and discovered a site called " Jersey Harley Davidson " that actually sells the FL-VIED's and talks about applications and exhaust changes .. Never thought I would see dealer speaking of de-cat exhaust ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
streetglyder