FNG from WI

Bluebowtie

May 27, 2014
Howdy I currently am in the buying process of a street glide special. I have 3 dealers with in 30 miles. I have talked to two salesmen one at Badger harley and one at Sauk prairie harley I have yet to talk to any one from kutter Harley. I really enjoyed speaking with the salesman at Sauk Prairie this afternoon. This site has aided me in the learning/research process. I have one fear coming from dirt bikes and sport bikes the weight of the Street glide has me spooked a little bit. I have not demoed one as of yet because of this. I can feel the weight difference just sitting on it.
I'm going to the Sauk Prairie open house this weekend I just my pull the trigger and not even talk to the guys at kutter.

I spent the day at the Harley museum what a great place. I hope to return and take the steel toe tour some time this summer. Hopefully I will be able to ride my new Street Gilde there with the Ol lady.

Thanks the the ppl of this forum for what I have learned thus far and I hope to continue to learn for all of you.

Sent from the mobile leash

Welcome from Reno, NV. ... you might want to talk to kutter.. they have out priced every dealer on the web for parts... worth a shot

Weight is not an issue... the SGS is a very balanced sled.... once you get on one... you will realize it right away...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome from Orlando, Fl.

The weight is not really a big deal. Just take it easy when you start. After a little while you will enjoy the extra weight in the wind. The bike handles very nicely.

Welcome from Battle Mtn Nv

I think you will be fine just take your time and no wheelies to start out with. Ride one around for a little bit and I think you will love it and wonder why you didn't get one before. They tell me the street glide is liked by dirt bike and quad riders because of the extra weighty feeling while steering unlike the road glide which is light steering. Good luck with your purchase and I would try Kutter before buying else where it could save you money for other upgrades and there will be plenty of those coming some lol

Welcome from NorCal I agree with spazz I don't think the weight will play much part for ya.

Welcome from Sunny Socal. You should really enjoy your new SGS. Riding this bike is like any other. Just take your time and get to know the bike. It is an awesome ride and very easy handling.

mybike3.jpg

Hey there bowtie.... I am a proud owner of a 12 streetglide. I bought it 9-4-12 from trading in an 08 low rider which was my first Harley. I bought the low rider april 2012 then traded it in Sept of 12 for the glide. I was way nervous about the weight too. I am about 5' 10" and only 145lbs. It was a very noticeable difference between the low rider and the glide but you just have to get use to it and ride!!!

Thanks guys what really sucks is the Daytona blue is not available for the street glide special

Stopped at kutter tonight not a SG or SGS on the sales floor. Talked to a salesman and they are the same price as Sauk Prairie. Both said there is room to negotiate. In terms of salesmen Sauk was more buyer friendly

unyse6ep.jpg

Here she is

Handles great! Damn fairing vent rattles at 25 mph tho. Rides a is a bit rough with our ****ty roads

I generally keep my vent closed on the main roads. I only open it on the highway. But I also ride with the stereo maxed out and something covering my face on the highway. So if the vent rattles I would not hear it.

It's very annoying. I thought about turning around but I had already spent 4hrs at the dealer and just wanted to go home

Congrats on the new ride. many on all forums have experienced vent buzzing including me. My vent flap and vent button assy were replaced under warranty by HD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469