FOBO Bike Bluetooth Tire Pressure Monitor System iOS & Android

The FOBO is nice to have. It's surprising how much air pressure in these tires is affected by the temperature change.

I've had mine on a couple weeks and its a love/hate relationship. I think they are too cool in that theres an app for my iPhone and I can see what my tire pressures are. I don't like the app itself in that you can't adjust the max/min pressure settings except within a few psi's. What this means is I have my recommended tire pressure set for factory specs at 36 psi for the front tire and 40 psi for the rear. The max pressure the app shows is about 46.5 psi. What happens is when the tire gets warm from riding, the pressure will climb well above that setting and then I get the alarm telling me my pressures are too high. You can adjust the max pressure up to about 49.5 psi but any more than that and the recommended pressure starts increasing, which causes the minimum pressure to increase. I am more concerned with the minimum pressure than the max pressure but I would like to be able to control both without affecting the recommended pressure.

The other issue I have with this system is the use of my iPhone. I thought it was a cool idea at first but I don't keep my phone mounted anywhere except in my pocket and if I receive a low pressure alarm while riding, I won't notice it. To me, its a waste of money as there are other systems with dedicated displays that can be mounted somewhere on the fairing. If there were a way to monitor and set an alarm in my Boom Box, that would be ideal but until Harley comes up with a TPMS, that will probably not happen.

I also looked in to returning it, but they have a 20% restocking fee and it has to be shipped to Malaysia and the shipping charges would eat up any potential savings from sending it back.

I have written the engineers requesting next time they update the app, if they could make it possible to adjust the min/max pressures independent of the recommended pressure. We'll see........

As for reliability, I havn't had it on long enough to make any calls. I do know that if you decided to reset the recommended pressures, you have to remove the sensors, wait 8 seconds, and then re-install. Its a somewhat pita....

Hope this helps anyone considering purchasing this system. Overall, it has some good features. If I had it to do over again, I probably would opt for a TPMS with a dedicated display. Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
Thanks Aviator I was going to get these soon maybe now I'll hang back to see what happens. I'm the same but my phone goes into the bag and stays there until I remember it lol or need to take a picture.

I'm not having any issues or alarms with my set. The are going to correct the high and low range in a future update. Not concerned about not hearing the alarm while riding. As soon as I stop it will remind me because then I can hear it.

Aviator if you dont want them im sure myself or someone else on here would gladly purchase them from you.
Let me know if you want to ditch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviator if you dont want them im sure myself or someone else on here would gladly purchase them from you.
Let me know if you want to ditch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks cumminsnannow....I'm in the middle of a move from Seattle to SoCal but as soon as I get settled, I'll weigh my options and get with you.

So now that those of you who purchased the FOBO's have had a little more time to evaluate what is your consensus? Do any of you have your smart phone paired to a nav system and if so will the FOBO app alert you throught the GPS? Sort of like it will for an incoming call, etc.

I am very interested in a TPMS system. I run laced wheels on my bike and Harley has, in all their wisdom (cough, cough), decided to make the laced rims tubeless with a new style rim liner. Lots of people having problems with them and it took my dealer four times to get it installed correctly so it would hold air for more than two days. In all my years of riding I've not had a tire/rim failure until this new design. You cannot run a tube in these new rims.

I don't want to clutter up my handlebar area with a phone mount, or a monitor like some other TPMS systems use, so it would be cool if it would alert your through the GPS's bluetooth.

So far (2 Months) No issues for me. They even came out with a firmware upgrade

Keep an eye on your rubber valve stems. I've had both front and rear go flat while riding. The response from FOBO is they recommend only metal valve stems. It's in the fine print.

Are people still having problems with the rubber valve stems? I don't want to get until I need new tires otherwise.

I started having issues at about 3 months . . . trashed them and never looked back. Good Luck though.

Long story short, I've had them for a full riding season now. I was pretty impressed with their function until I had the valve stem for the rear tire rip almost completely off while doing about 80mph yesterday. After 2 separate tows ( one off the Turnpike, then another to the dealership from where I got dropped off ) the dealer informed me that they didn't have a metal stem to replace the ripped one. Had to go with rubber again. And that is the end of the FOBO's for me, at least until my next tire replacement. At that point I'll make sure to order the metal stems in advance.

Still think it's a good product, but would not do it again without new stems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave