Fork lock not working after ign out of bike

captjack

Jan 24, 2017
I took the ign out of bike to get to forks- while out I tried to turn tumblers to get lock free- I managed to do that and did what I had to do with forks - going back together I had to take a screw driver to line up tumblers again after a lot of cussing I remember I had to have the bike in the lock position to get switch back on. at one point the forks locks when I had the screw driver pushed down trying to get tumblers lined up. then the ign would not go in - after messing with it some more i go the fork lock free and the ign installed so it turns bike and acc on like its suppose to but now the fork locks wont work no matter what I do. I even purchased the ign tool so it would be easier. I have pushed on handle bars wiggle everything while pushing to left etc but it will not work !

Any thoughts on this ? The tumbles are lined up because everything else works.

Help !

I was at the dealer and picked the brain of a tech - I took the ign switch out of the bike. flipped it over and used the tool to rotate through the 4 positions. You can watch the mechanism from the under side. It appears that when i was messing around with screw driver (before i bought tool) I damaged the fork lock pin. It looks to be original for bike and I think they have updated that switch - so I found a new one in box on ebay and got it for 100 bucks - will be here friday. I understand how it works now hahaha So 100 bucks for the lesson I guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469