forks locked!!!

jared

Apr 19, 2018
Changing out my 12" bars for some 20"s. have everything apart, fitting the bars before off to chromers and my forks locked on their own! ignition is all apart and hadn't given me an issue until i was about to pack up for the night and the front just swung over to the left and the forks locked. how can i release the lock without the ignition in so that i can change the bushings?

Changing out my 12" bars for some 20"s. have everything apart, fitting the bars before off to chromers and my forks locked on their own! ignition is all apart and hadn't given me an issue until i was about to pack up for the night and the front just swung over to the left and the forks locked. how can i release the lock without the ignition in so that i can change the bushings?

Bummer. You need to get an ignition lock alignment tool or ...... if you can solve a Rubik's Cube, you may have the skills to re-align it with a screwdriver.

I’ve done it with a screwdriver...... but bought the tool so I won’t have to do that again! Lol chris

There's a trick I learned when I messed up my switch alignment (in the parking lot, at work, because I wanted to graphite lube the assembly).

It may look like the lobes on each side of the switch are the same, but they are not. One side is larger. With that in mind, you should be able to align everything with a screwdriver and a light and get it all in the position you want (I recommend unlocked/off).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469